Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

everlast75 wrote: »
    Ah... FFS, if I had of known that I wouldn't have ordered it! :(

I dont mind the sniping in COD4 at all, its harder to do than but not as crap as Blops, its just right imo. Its by far the best COD game multiplayer wise, everythings just right. excep the grenades, they're like miniature nukes :mad:

fooking hackers!!!!! was doing really well on a domination game, 24-1, and some knobjockey hacker brought up a menu on the screen and started deranking everyone, I bailed before he got to me, was crazy peoples names were coming up on screen with "deranked" beside them. i dashboarded it to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Probably Thierry Henry. Typical coont!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

I would be up for some COD4 for a change of scene. Will watch out for ye guys tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Had some great games with Yimrag, Ross, Lynx, Frank and later the picture of sobriety RazzleDazzler ;) til silly o'clock.

Should have COD4 either today or tomoz... we'll def have to organise a COD4 night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Saw a new edition COD4 for 20 in Game yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

just logged on to xbox there and theres an update for black ops. they have added a competitive playlist. there is certain perks, attachments and killstreaks that you cannot use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

ugglasdav wrote: »
    just logged on to xbox there and theres an update for black ops. they have added a competitive playlist. there is certain perks, attachments and killstreaks that you cannot use.
    Any other updates or fixes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

wrote:

• Support for Escalation Map Pack (Releasing 5/3/11)
    • Security Updates.
    • Addition of banner-style Message of the Day on the MP Main Menu.
    • Addition of Hardcore FFA and TDM for Combat Training.
    • Additional sniper rifle tuning changes.
    • Addition of “Competition” Barebones playlist.
    • Replaced RPG with Grim Reaper in Gun Game Wager Match.
    • Prevent automatic weapons from jamming if the player is feathering the fire button on “Default Alt”, “Tactical Flipped” or “Nom4d Flipped”.
    • Fine-tuned napalm and bombing-run damage indoors.
    • Prevented rare invulnerability issue.
    • Additional game mode timer options for Custom Games.
    • Fixed a minor out of map exploit in Grid.
    • General Killcam and death-cam improvements.
    • Improved Auto-Assign reliability in Private Match.
    • Addressed an infinite “joining session in progress” screen under very specific timing conditions.
    • Demolition bombs can no longer explode and be defused at the same time.
    • Spy play now activates in One in the Chamber in all cases.
    • The “Sprint Kills” challenge for Steady Aim perk now rewards the player with the correct number of kills.
    • Contracts purchased but not yet expired no longer count as expired when viewing a friend’s player card.
    • Addressed a rare issue where a hacked camera spike would not function properly if the hacker also had a camera spike that was destroyed.
    • Recording a clip with the speed mode for 2 cameras set to .1 will no longer increase in speed when switching perspectives back and forth.
    • Improvements to Zipline functionality when viewed in Theater mode.
    • Settings from custom games are all cleared and no longer carry over from one custom match to another.
    • Improvements to map voting reliability in lobbies.
    • Nova gas will now affect players that are standing over their tactical insertion.
    • Hardcore players who kill another teammate in last stand now lose the proper amount of points.
    • Players can no longer transfer emblems/backgrounds from Combat Training to Player Match.
    • Player is no longer able to use a primary weapon in Second Chance (rare, specific instance).
    • Improvements to “Community” filters.

hmmm, going to have to get use to the grim reaper for gun game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Had the worst 5 games ever last night, I can blame it on campers and so on but I was jus playin s*it!! (more than usual before any smart arse says anythin. :P )

will be back on tonight n hopefully play better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Sorry I wasn't on lads.

Played a few games of COD4 with Stephen.
    Got a nice collateral! :D

Played headquarters on Shipment :eek::eek:

Lads, i just tried the sniping in black ops there, and there is almost NO SWAY on the scope now, it reminds me of cod4 sniping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Lads, i just tried the sniping in black ops there, and there is almost NO SWAY on the scope now, it reminds me of cod4 sniping

What about hit detection? Any change in that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

:pac::pac::pac:

Dunno if that was meant to be funny or not but i nearly choked on the lid of my pen you absolute pr1ck.

for the lulz on MW2 the other night I changed my clan tag to G!RL and my pic to the spky haired blonde chick on the emblems page, the amount of abuse I was getting from people was unreal, dumbass gamers and their "girls cant play cod " attitude

No thats still pretty **** haha :) i still wouldn't do it regularly in online matches, its not mw2 sniping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Since ye were such fans of the wedding.
    2cihemu.jpg
    Getting started early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

So I went into a Free for all lobby and stated the game. I got the first kill then the game ended. I was the only guy that got a kill out of the rest. Next thing my level went from 57 to 70 just like that. Probably would have went up more if I was in prestige mode. I got tons of XP during that game, unreal amount.

I played a couple more games to figure things out. Got another first kill and my level stayed the same cos I was didn't enter prestige mode till later.

Obviously the game was hacked and a way of leveling up quick. I feel a bit weird skipping those levels like that cos it wasn't my fault. I just went into a game and played it like normal.

Next thing a guy sends a message offering 10th prestige for 1200 MSP. yeah right, boy.

Weird things going on with this game (MW2)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

CORaven wrote: »
    Since ye were such fans of the wedding.
    2cihemu.jpg
    Getting started early

I raise you.....

28qa1x.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

White brings out my eyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Tallon wrote: »
    White brings out my eyes
    and your fantastic bust

ground war, accepting two kids boosting invite, finding them at the back of Estate by the power generators with a care package to call in I got on the way down there, letting them lay their tac insertions and telling them I'll keep watch.
    Let them get harriers and then call in care package on top of them, flattened one, shot the other, then killed them both again after their TI's, then shooting down their harrier and raping with the ac-130 I got in my own package= hilarity :D cue abusive messages and threats of them getting my console banned, its times like this I wish I had a pvr :pac:

doing me some booster huntin' :D god I love how I can follow people into new lobbies on the sexbox, cant do it on the ps3 unless they're on your friends list, was absolutely wrecking two guys heads earlier following them around

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

krudler wrote: »
    doing me some booster huntin' :D god I love how I can follow people into new lobbies on the sexbox, cant do it on the ps3 unless they're on your friends list, was absolutely wrecking two guys heads earlier following them around

Used to always to do that in MW2,actually there used to be a booster hunting thread here somewhere

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Used to always to do that in MW2,actually there used to be a booster hunting thread here somewhere

its way more fun on the xbox since you can chase people into new lobbies, I'd forgotten how overrun FFA is with them since I never play it anymore, its a nice little side game though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

sorry about not taking the invite last night lads, power went in the apartment for some bloody reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Started running 3,8,9 chopper gunner now in black ops simply because I'm hell-bent on breaking 2kd overall. I've been 1.94 for yonks and recently went 1.95 so I'm going all out for 2. I've run 3(spy),4(counterspy),8 (blackbird) and before that 3,4,5(napalm) so the majority of my kills haven't been from killstreaks and probably in domination where I've no concern for kd ratios.

To help me I've set up 3 assault rifle classes with
    • hardline (recent convert to this perk but it's so useful to get a blackbird after 7 kills),
    • SoH (most used perk in the game I'd say),
    • strella (for counter spyplanes),
    • jammer (important as i'm no longer using Counter spy planes, plus it nullifies equipment)
    • dual mag (no need for scavenger plus great synergy with SoH)
    • concussion (nearly useless offensively now, best used to give yourself a chance to leg it away from a bad place)
    • semtex (no throw back plus it can double as a defensive aid against aggresive players)
    My 3rd perk is different for all 3 classes:

1. Enfield has marathon pro (use this the most) good for most situations plus it's fast aim down sights is increased with SoH.
    2. Aug has hacker pro. I tend to burn through the ammo with this class but if I'm up against smg/famas users this gives me a comparable fire rate.
    3. Commando has ninja pro. I love the commando and this brings me back to Mw2 and sound whoring. Nothing like having the drop on ghost pro gits using this and a jammer to mask your approach.
    I'm finding the hitmarkers with the chopper gunner woeful. I'd be pelting the red diamonds in the open and not getting half the hitmarkers I should even when I burst fire.

Another problem is how slow the gun aim moves, does changing your sensitivity make the door gun move any faster? I've seen vids of Sandy Ravage in Mw2 change sensitivity when using the Ac-130 so it works there. Whilst in blackops there are (too many) killcams that players with high sensitivity hit with concussion grenades (w/o tac mask) aim faster than I do normally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

yimrsg wrote: »
    Started running 3,8,9 chopper gunner now in black ops simply because I'm hell-bent on breaking 2kd overall. I've been 1.94 for yonks and recently went 1.95 so I'm going all out for 2. I've run 3(spy),4(counterspy),8 (blackbird) and before that 3,4,5(napalm) so the majority of my kills haven't been from killstreaks and probably in domination where I've no concern for kd ratios.

To help me I've set up 3 assault rifle classes with
    • hardline (recent convert to this perk but it's so useful to get a blackbird after 7 kills),
    • SoH (most used perk in the game I'd say),
    • strella (for counter spyplanes),
    • jammer (important as i'm no longer using Counter spy planes, plus it nullifies equipment)
    • dual mag (no need for scavenger plus great synergy with SoH)
    • concussion (nearly useless offensively now, best used to give yourself a chance to leg it away from a bad place)
    • semtex (no throw back plus it can double as a defensive aid against aggresive players)
    My 3rd perk is different for all 3 classes:

1. Enfield has marathon pro (use this the most) good for most situations plus it's fast aim down sights is increased with SoH.
    2. Aug has hacker pro. I tend to burn through the ammo with this class but if I'm up against smg/famas users this gives me a comparable fire rate.
    3. Commando has ninja pro. I love the commando and this brings me back to Mw2 and sound whoring. Nothing like having the drop on ghost pro gits using this and a jammer to mask your approach.
    I'm finding the hitmarkers with the chopper gunner woeful. I'd be pelting the red diamonds in the open and not getting half the hitmarkers I should even when I burst fire.

Another problem is how slow the gun aim moves, does changing your sensitivity make the door gun move any faster? I've seen vids of Sandy Ravage in Mw2 change sensitivity when using the Ac-130 so it works there. Whilst in blackops there are (too many) killcams that players with high sensitivity hit with concussion grenades (w/o tac mask) aim faster than I do normally.

I did it 2-3 weeks ago, I went from 1.9k/d from playing normally and just kept getting 20/30-1 games. Had to get about 1000 kills and no deaths but eventually got there :p
    Edit: Oh I used my try hard slot to get it :P

Famas Dual mags
    Hardline pro, SoH pro, Hacker Pro
    Frags, Claymore, stun
    Spy plane, Chopper Gunner, Dogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cfcpower

Great laugh running about with scavanger deccoy tomahawk warlord and second chance 2nite also when we won a game where every1 used a pyton great craic also tanx to the people who revived me :p

Advertisement