Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Games of Demolition last night were nuts. The spawn traps are unreal. Playing WMD and I stood at a doorway and they just spawned in my sights.... felt kinda bad as I called in my Gunship.

Stuck on the M60, extended mags and grip for the next game. Absolutely great craic!

Hopefully the missus is working late tonight and I'll get on for a few more :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I love how you distracted them while I took them out :P Great "plan" :D

IPAM wrote: »
    I love how you distracted them while I took them out :P Great "plan" :D

Thief! You thieving little bollox! My first 5 kills were assists :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

A bit of spawn harrASSment tonight! Devastating display from the Boyz. :)

I hear Seamus kicked A Nacker Pikey (Skrapsak) from the party last night, pretty shady thing to do if true.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

good afternoon faggits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Benrobjon wrote:
    I have no idea what you're talking about
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Hate you too, Ross *mwah*

Prestiged last night and Not looking foward to levels 18-50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Hey, Im Looking for a few lads to play black ops with and the odd bit of zombies on xbox if any of ye are interested, Im not the best but not terrible either, my gamertag is abroadboar if ye feel like adding me, Thanks!!:)

Will do when I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Cheers for the games, sorry for killing the buzz a bit. Donno if you thought i was someone else or not floyd, just didnt really appricate the ignorant comments about a pal. And i just put the easy mode class on for the last few games for the craic.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Out of curiosity Magill, you getting schooled on the 360 having made the jump from PS3?

errr... my aim/movement is still shocking compared to what its like on the PS3... but i hold my own, usually 1/2 on leaderboards unless im rocking the sniper/smg or something. Haven't really come across any exceptionally good players yet, which is a bit of a suprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

many going to be on tonight for some team play? =] All my friends have abandonned cod =/ GT is magicianz720

Magill wrote: »
    Cheers for the games, sorry for killing the buzz a bit. Donno if you thought i was someone else or not floyd, just didnt really appricate the ignorant comments about a pal. And i just put the easy mode class on for the last few games for the craic.

What happened? :confused:

Was floyd talking about a PS3 player or something?

If so i don't really see the problem myself. Least he has the balls to do it when another PS3 fellow is there to hear. Far less snakey than using twitter to talk about someone eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

celtic723 wrote: »

If so i don't really see the problem myself. Least he has the balls to do it when another PS3 fellow is there to hear. Far less snakey than using twitter to talk about someone eh?

Well seeing as it was about me I'll just interject for a second.

I was only saying over twitter to Balfie what happened as he asked. I don't see the difference between talking about someone over Twitter or XBL when they're not there, the difference was I didn't talk bad about him.

Whether Floyd knew that Gafgam was actually Magill I don't really care to be honest. I did nothing against him to warrant him bad mouthing me over XBL to fellow Boardises. Fact is I lagg pretty badly 90% of the time and it can be seen in the previous video and in the second one (the one in question).

If he wants to think I'm a sh!t player and all that that's one thing, to go saying it to others behind me back is another.

I'll leave it at that.

/Drama

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

He mightn't have known magill was in the lobby .... Maybe he did ?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Well seeing as it was about me I'll just interject for a second.

I was only saying over twitter to Balfie what happened as he asked. I don't see the difference between talking about someone over Twitter or XBL when they're not there, the difference was I didn't talk bad about him.

Whether Floyd knew that Gafgam was actually Magill I don't really care to be honest. I did nothing against him to warrant him bad mouthing me over XBL to fellow Boardises. Fact is I lagg pretty badly 90% of the time and it can be seen in the previous video and in the second one (the one in question).

If he wants to think I'm a sh!t player and all that that's one thing, to go saying it to others behind me back is another.

I'll leave it at that.

/Drama

Ah right i thought it was about another ps3 player who i believe would warrant it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much man. **** gets said by people that is absolute garbage all the time. When psn comes back make sure to upload more gameplays with the UPC connection, not the ****ty dongle that you do pretty well on considering you lag from one side of the map to the other.

Doubt floyd meant anything by it. I don't know about the ps3 players but we slag the **** out of each other for the sillyest things. Can't imagine there was any malice in it if i'm honest. Just floyd being floyd.

I don't really think it matters if magill was there or not. We all know who magill is on xbox so i don't see that stopping anyone saying something. One thing about floyd is that he's honest and if he's something to say he'll bloody well say it.

/looooooooooooooong post.

Err yeah, nothing major. Lee's one of the soundest guys on here so calling him **** because of one gameplay is fairly sly. I wouldn't have cared as much if it was say me he was slagging off while i was in the lobby. Its no biggie tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

errr, did anyone know that if a domination point remains uncaptured it ends the game? was playing on Sub Base there, we had C, the other team had A and nobody could cap B as it was a constant to and fro with it, the score was 64-60 and it just ended and said "time limit reached" never seen that happen before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I always thought it only ended early if you left all 3 flags uncapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

krudler wrote: »
    errr, did anyone know that if a domination point remains uncaptured it ends the game? was playing on Sub Base there, we had C, the other team had A and nobody could cap B as it was a constant to and fro with it, the score was 64-60 and it just ended and said "time limit reached" never seen that happen before

It happened to me once or twice in MW2. It really does not make sense tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Yeah that's happened to me in both Blops and MW2

CORaven wrote: »
    It happened to me once or twice in MW2. It really does not make sense tbh.

yeah it doesnt, like the games in progress, the scores are going up, people are getting kills, we're fighting over the uncapped flag and it ends :confused: i had a chopper gunner to call in and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

yeah it doesnt, like the games in progress, the scores are going up, people are getting kills, we're fighting over the uncapped flag and it ends :confused: i had a chopper gunner to call in and all

There's a time limit on how long it takes to have every flag capped, don't know how long though

EDIT: Just found this on another forum
    "If every flag is not capped, I believe it it 3 minutes until the game ends. It's supposed to make sure that boosters don't get a full lobby in a domination match and go on forever."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Hey guys, anyone online now for a few games? =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll be on soon, finish this pint, quick chinese n then it's game on :p hopefully d few pints will help out :D

been playing Headquarters most of the day, never really got into it as a gamemode before but its good, hard to spawn trap and can rack up tons of kills.

getting sick of people sending me messages offering 10th lobbies, fcuk off you little hackers!

Honestly, I just thought the game was bad. 3:05-3:09 in the match, there was clearly someone there and you did nothing about it.

When the Blackbird was up, you didn't take advantage of it.

At 10:16, what happened there? I understand the lag was bad and that had an affect on the score but that was just weird.

At 10:21, Instead of shooting the guy, you chose to throw a frag which doesn't do shít and you get killed by a guy further back.

A tendency to aim down sight in close range 1 on 1's. Hip firing is quite good on the Famas.

Of course lag was a big part in it but I thought the game was poor.

Didn't mean to start a cross platform tiff but I'll leave it at this:

LEG.png

MLEG.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

been playing Headquarters most of the day, never really got into it as a gamemode before but its good, hard to spawn trap and can rack up tons of kills.

getting sick of people sending me messages offering 10th lobbies, fcuk off you little hackers!

Free 10th lobby messages left, right and centre whenever I've been on MW2 over the last few days.

Some sort of wall hacks too, guys tracking my movement (even with CBP and Ninja) and blind firing through walls at me.

It's nearly as annoying as playing Dom with randomers.

Advertisement