Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

x43r0 wrote: »
    Careful, it only takes one pistol bullet to kill that baby

Don't worry, all n00bs have second chance equipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that was crazy, playing TDM on Highrise, we were down 6900 to 7400 and came back for the win, other team were ragin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

That Buffa guy was dead sound. And of course the legendary, 1 pube boy, Freak Z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

That Buffa guy was dead sound. And of course the legendary, 1 pube boy, Freak Z

Slag of the night had to be "your mother has no vagina" :D dunno where cfc got that from :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

have all the achievements again . i badly need a life :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

sierra117x wrote: »
    have all the achievements again . i badly need a wife :(

FYP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

As I said in another thread. I expect both IRL and the regulars on here to have some cop on and not to post absolute drivel again. *If people cross the line please report them and put x poster on ignore. Myself and r3nu4l will take action accordingly...*

oh and bubbleking, you're just coming off a 3 month ban. There's no need to post in here and post what you did which is clearly attention seeking, so act the maggot again I'll be doubling that ban. Simple as. You were given quite a few warnings via here and PM last time around as have others who took that for granted and as a result have been permabanned.

I honestly would like to see some closure on the garbage that went on before. Don't have to like each other but there is no need to be dick to one another.

lol I shouldnt be proud of this but I needed 2 kills to get danger close pro so on a s&d game on Quarry I just pointed up and noobtubed right at the start of the map, we spawned by the big red warehouse, killed the entire enemy team with one grenade :pac: gahhhh MW3 BETTER have theatre mode

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

IPAM wrote: »
    Slag of the night had to be "your mother :pac:

I thought you had said shag instead of slag there for a minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Christ my internet has gone to sh***, being dropped from parties and having to reconnect. Can't be arsed figuring out why it's so bad. My guess is it's somehow psn at fault.

I had managed to call in a chopper in nuketown and then then I lagged out of the game just after opening the door. Was feeling tonight was the night I'd finally break the 2kd barrier until vodafail intervened.

Still gives me a chance to see "a serbian film". I hear it's very uplifting and easygoing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

yimrsg wrote: »
    Still gives me a chance to see "a serbian film". I hear it's very uplifting and easygoing.

About as uplifting as an abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

As I said in another thread. I expect both IRL and the regulars on here to have some cop on and not to post absolute drivel again. *If people cross the line please report them and put x poster on ignore. Myself and r3nu4l will take action accordingly...*

oh and bubbleking, you're just coming off a 3 month ban. There's no need to post in here and post what you did which is clearly attention seeking, so act the maggot again I'll be doubling that ban. Simple as. You were given quite a few warnings via here and PM last time around as have others who took that for granted and as a result have been permabanned.

I honestly would like to see some closure on the garbage that went on before. Don't have to like each other but there is no need to be dick to one another.

no problem chief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Played CoD4 yest for the first time - thanks to justsomebloke for some words of wisdom.

So basically - it was the same as MW2 minus the killstreaks and some of the perks!? Snipe city for most maps.

Kinda underwhelmed to be honest... maybe I'm missing something...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

everlast75 wrote: »
    Played CoD4 yest for the first time - thanks to justsomebloke for some words of wisdom.

So basically - it was the same as MW2 minus the killstreaks and some of the perks!? Snipe city for most maps.

Missed it at it's peak when it was THE game. Don't think those who played MW2 or BOPS first will truly ever understand COD4's greatness sadly. Just the way it is unfortunately. I know one of my good friends was saying similar to you when he experienced COD4 for the first time earlier in the year.

I know you guys on 360 mainly play Dom from what I've read and heard in the past but I'd recommend avoiding it as it's where a lot of the no scoping / quick scopers L33T players go (check out any sniping montage from COD4 and the majority backs my point up) Really it's another reason why I cannot take Domination entirely seriously and admittedly taints my view of it even to this day.

There's more to COD4 than what you said though and I'd be here for ages trying to explain it. But it's biggest strength is the simplicity of it all and the pace of games overall. It's what COD iswas about. Run n gun gameplay at it's very finest. By no means was it perfect but compared to other COD games, the rest pale in comparison... in my eyes as many others. Most fun I had gaming arguably was that spell from 2007 - 2009. Rarely bitched and got angry in that game, so will always hold some sentiment to it and a lot resentment to what IW did in their next title.

Don't take it for granted though.. for my sake :pac:. I'm arguably the biggest COD4 fan here :D but I cannot play it due to the game being hacked and it'll never be patched :(

COD4(and some XBL games in truth) are the only thing that tempts me into buying a sub tbh, I did promise somebody here I would buy a 3 month sub >_< so maybe I'll join ya's for some COD4 then.

give it a while, I thought the same when I got it again and started playing the MP after playing MW2 for so long, but after a few games with no commando stabbing, overpowered killstreaks and 360 noscopers (not as many anyway) I really started enjoying it, its such a pity it was ruined on the PS3 with hacking.

Fair enough - seems I missed the boat then so..

I can imagine at the time it kicked ass and took names and I do admire its simplicity. Also, they did get the shotguns just right.

I'll give it some more time.

Hopefully the third instalment will be epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

loved COD4 when i got pd off with MW2 with the flying across teh map knife kills and the akimbo shotguns i switch over to it. Loved it, teh DLCs are good IMO too.

my only gripe apart from the hacking is the amount of sniping, love that you get 2 claymores though

krudler wrote: »
    give it a while, I thought the same when I got it again and started playing the MP after playing MW2 for so long, but after a few games with no commando stabbing, overpowered killstreaks and 360 noscopers (not as many anyway) I really started enjoying it, its such a pity it was ruined on the PS3 with hacking.

There were two lobbies myself and justsomebloke were thrown into that were hacked - speeded up basically... but other than that, all lobbies were ok!

I should be game for COD4 tonight :-)

• Advertisement

Should be on myself.. X43 and Ben were playing MW2 i think yesterday, so we may be able to entice them back a few more years to MW1 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Should be on myself.. X43 and Ben were playing MW2 i think yesterday, so we may be able to entice them back a few more years to MW1 ;)

I don't have cod4 but would be well up for some mw2

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

I'll play some cod4 later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

x43r0 wrote: »
    I don't have cod4 but would be well up for some mw2

I may be on for a long MW2 session tonight, depending on what the story is with people from my course celebrating the end of exams.

If im on I'd be up for some cod4 later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I'd be down for some cod action.

That just makes me sound like Troy McClure

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v956419d42a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I don't think I can handle cod 4 for another while, if any of you seen me 'Fleeing Chernobyl' for the last month, I had to build that level for college and I'm sick of looking at the game now :p I hate my favourite level now and all :rolleyes:

I don't think I can handle cod 4 for another while, if any of you seen me 'Fleeing Chernobyl' for the last month, I had to build that level for college and I'm sick of looking at the game now :p I hate my favourite level now and all :rolleyes:

Oh that's what you were doing. I just thought you were really sh1t at that level haha

Thats why I'd hate to be a games tester, playing the same section over and over and over and over again testing bugs and glitches, would ruin it

• Advertisement

Pffft MW2 is easy! First game - win by nuke :cool:

Advertisement