Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Pffft MW2 is easy! First game - win by nuke :cool:

I was so close too! Ran out of ammo on 20 (sniper :cool:) kills :(

Still waiting to break my nuke duck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I got my MW2 back last week, might throw it in for few games tonight. I only got XBL jus before BLOPs came out so I haven't played MW2 much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Headin on for a few games if anyone is around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Headin on for a few games if anyone is around!

I'll join you shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Played zombies for the first time there with Pete, Benrob & Perrin till nearly 5 on Ascension. Got to round 24 thanks to Perrin (no way an endorsement of him). The rest of us died (read Perrin left us to die) during wave 23 and despite having oodles of points (Benrob & Pete had 20k+) we couldn't get any decent weapons or perks and we died again so Perrin managed to make a fair bit through 24 before he snuffed it. We think in the 2 rounds he mostly played by himself he killed around 300-400.

I had an awful run of guns starting with 2 sniper rifles, china lake, teddy bears until I finally managed to get the zeus gun and I think a gersch device but no other weapons, Pete kept getting death machines, Benrob had 2 upgraded LMGs and Perrin had the ray gun and loads of perks. My role was window watcher in the MPL room whilst the others got silly points killing everything at the stairs and the window when I continuously ran out of ammo.

For the last two rounds it consisted of the 3 of us yelling instructions at Perrin as we watched his screen.

Call in the lander!

Use a claymore!

Upgrade the galil!

Help us Coraven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Once you get hooked on Zombies , multi-player seems boring in comparison.

I can see how it's addictive but I still think that it comes up short in comparison to Gears Of War's horde mode. I did the final of the 40 levels in a room with some mates on a system link up and it was the most frenetic game I ever recall.

Think it was mostly bloodmounts boomers & Kantus, calling in mortar strikes within 20 metres just to survive a single bloodmount. Plus the enemies kill you when you're down so you've to work harder as a team and enemies spawn all over the level.

Really hope that MW3 has a game mode like zombies and horde with loads of customisable options just to tweek the game slightly and offer greater longevity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Shammy wrote: »
    Once you get hooked on Zombies , multi-player seems boring in comparison.

yeah definitely - I went on a zombie spree just before the last dlc came out because I wanted the achievements and havn't been able to get into multi player since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

yimrsg wrote: »
    Played zombies for the first time there with Pete, Benrob & Perrin till nearly 5 on Ascension. Got to round 24 thanks to Perrin (no way an endorsement of him). The rest of us died (read Perrin left us to die) during wave 23 and despite having oodles of points (Benrob & Pete had 20k+) we couldn't get any decent weapons or perks and we died again so Perrin managed to make a fair bit through 24 before he snuffed it. We think in the 2 rounds he mostly played by himself he killed around 300-400.

I had an awful run of guns starting with 2 sniper rifles, china lake, teddy bears until I finally managed to get the zeus gun and I think a gersch device but no other weapons, Pete kept getting death machines, Benrob had 2 upgraded LMGs and Perrin had the ray gun and loads of perks. My role was window watcher in the MPL room whilst the others got silly points killing everything at the stairs and the window when I continuously ran out of ammo.

For the last two rounds it consisted of the 3 of us yelling instructions at Perrin as we watched his screen.

Call in the lander!

Use a claymore!

Upgrade the galil!

Help us Coraven!

That was indeed an epic game. Have to start playing earlier tho, getting settled into a game that could go on for hours at 4am is not ideal. I felt like a zombie going to bed. saying that tho I shall be on tonight after 10 for more....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I restate my opinion, there should be a night dedicated to zeds. Possibly competitive zeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Can ya have a sh1t connection on one game and a good one on another? in cod 4 I normally only get a 2 bar, while in blops and MW2 I consistently get a 4 or 3 bar

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Can ya have a sh1t connection on one game and a good one on another? in cod 4 I normally only get a 2 bar, while in blops and MW2 I consistently get a 4 or 3 bar

Depends mainly on who is host and what the game defines as a 'X'-bar connection.

In a party with some lads I met on MW2, Scots and Scousers fighting is ****ing hilarious. :D

CORaven wrote: »
    Depends mainly on who is host and what the game defines as a 'X'-bar connection.
    I wonder is there any gametype where I would have a good connection in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

it's probably the lack of players playing COD4 that is more the problem leaving you to be connected to hosts further away

Finally got a 2kd, had one game of domination on stadium with the olympia and dual pythons where I went 46-7 after seeing that guys insane combat record with the shotguns. Didn't get near that score again with the shotties for the rest of the night.

I tried the dual hs10s and they're pants! I'd fire all 8 shells into a guy at close range using steady aim and all too often he'd survive or the next guy would kill me. Might not make it dual next time to see if aiming improves it.

The dual pythons are a great laugh to use with steady aim. If we are going to chose all the same gun in a match, that's the gun. Just have 3 classes set up one ACOG, one dual and the other speed reloader & Soh. Or just with pistols!

Starting to like zombies, had a game with Perrin, pete nd yimrag last night, didn't get too far but was good craic all the same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

anyone up for some tactical games on MW2 tonight? sabotage or headquarters maybe?

I wouldn't mind some Sabotage later, still need to finish off a challenge for Sabo wins.

krudler wrote: »
    anyone up for some tactical games on MW2 tonight? sabotage or headquarters maybe?

Add me, just got MW2 back and would be up for a few games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

IPAM wrote: »
    Add me, just got MW2 back and would be up for a few games :)

will do, bored of TDM at the mo so mostly playing sabo, demolition and HQ, I never really got into HQ before but when you do its a killfest, a guy on my team had over 100 kills on it one night was crazy, must have had 3 or 4 chopper gunners throughout the match

Just had 2 quick games of MTDM, dunno if it's because I'm not used to the maps or I'm just crap :/ went 8-7 in one and 15-8 in the second, couldn't string a killstreak at all :(

Just had 2 quick games of MTDM, dunno if it's because I'm not used to the maps or I'm just crap :/ went 8-7 in one and 15-8 in the second, couldn't string a killstreak at all :(

The quality of players in MTDM tends to be better than in other gamemodes. Do you play it much?

CORaven wrote: »
    The quality of players in MTDM tends to be better than in other gamemodes

:o really? I thought it was the other way around

Nope usually play BLOPS in full party n usually do ok, rarely play on my own anymore I'll give it a few more goes tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

:o really? I thought it was the other way around

Yeah i find there to be more strong players in MTDM than in normal TDM. Its probably because most of the "decent" players think its easier and don't fancy getting stuck in a one sided lobby with some clan on the other team.

Normal TDM is 90% of the time full of complete newbs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Typical theatre mode shíte:

got a nice (and lucky) consecutive three headshots killfeed with the Famas and the files from the game in recent played aren't the full length, just two parts of the whole game and missing the clip I wanted :mad:

Raging and it's not the first time this has happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

afraid after tonight I won't be on till Monday as I will be over in Cardiff at the Heineken Cup Final.

Yes this post is purely about making IPAM jealous :D

:pac::pac::pac:

headin into town myself, wish I was going but I'm sure there'll be plenty more :)

really gettin into zombies now, got to level 25 with benrob, Perrin and sancho (who strangely only benrob and a select few can talk to :confused: )

• Advertisement

:pac::pac::pac:

headin into town myself, wish I was going but I'm sure there'll be plenty more :)

really gettin into zombies now, got to level 25 with benrob, Perrin and sancho (who only benrob and a select few can hear :confused: )

(he does really exist, it is in your mind.)

Willing to bet he has his settings on private and only those who are on his friends list can hear him.

Advertisement