Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

IPAM wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac:

headin into town myself, wish I was going but I'm sure there'll be plenty more :)

really gettin into zombies now, got to level 25 with benrob, Perrin and sancho (who strangely only benrob and a select few can talk to :confused: )

What map was it on?

still waiting on benrob to get the new map pack so we can play call of the dead;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yeah it was on asension, he said he's gettin them today, I'd be up for a game tonight if anyone is on, hopefully I'll be as lucky as I was last night, ray gun and thunder gun :d

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Apologises to lynx and benrob for going rogue agent last nite,things seemed to be going grand up to that point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Played a 9v9 match of domination on cracked against a clan with PMS in their clantags.

Cue lots of smart comments from us about "having the painters in", "united are playing at home" and I think Everlast saying this belter "if you lose, don't throw in the towel".

Needless to say they didn't hang around afterwards when they lost. I wonder why people call gamers immature?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Apologises to lynx and benrob for going rogue agent last nite,things seemed to be going grand up to that point

Nah I think me killin Benrob was our downfall :o who would have thought a dolphin dive, with php flopper, on top of a fello player would result in both of us going down :confused::D ah well I'll know next time :D

• Advertisement

Right since we suck could be better at zombies I did some research for how to get past level 13 on call of the dead. All of these are robbed from here:
    http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_the_Dead/Strategies#Strategy_1_2
    Rounds 1-3: First off, the first few rounds are pretty much what you want to do. Just gather as many points as you can. Do not buy the Olympia or the M14 unless absolutely necessary as you will most likely get a power-up in this time period.

Round 4: Once you've gotten a decent amount of points head to the right (the side of the ship) and open up the crashed boat. If the box is directly in front of the lighthouse then head through the cave side. If you ship ship, clear the debris on the stairs and head to the left side and buy the M16. Head up another pair of stairs and you will be at the top of the ship. At this time do NOT turn open the door to the power. This area should be protected by 2 people watching the stairway,1 person at the window, and 1 person picking off the zombies/helping the other two on the stairway and watching for George.

Rounds 5-7: During this time, you will be ok on top of the ship. If George comes then you should take the zip line and calm him down in the water. After you take the zipline to make your escape, you need to open the other boat debris on the left side of the spawn. Go through the cave and up to the front of the lighthouse. Switch off between these two spots depending how long George takes to get back and forth. Remember, try to avoid shooting him. During this time you should also turn on the power, and try to get weapons from the box (as long as you don't have to open anything else up that i have said to so far.) If you can't use the box, just buy the M16 and the MP5.(Purchasing ammo when needed.) The ship area should be protected by 2 people on the stairway, 1 person at the window next to the stairway, and 1 person guarding the window in the power room.

Rounds 8-9: These rounds are possibly the most important to your survival. At this time you should have a good amount of points. Now you should open up the lighthouse and get to the top floor where you will find the new Deadshot perk. You can buy that if you want, but you will need money for weapons, including at least 2 machine guns or 1 ray gun. The set for the zipline should also be opened at this time. Juggernog is vital at this point and PhD would be good to have to save some ammo. This area should be guarded by 2 people watching the stairs and 1 person at each window.

Round 10+: These rounds are a toss up of going from the top of the ship to the lighthouse via flinger. The perks suggested at this round are Juggernog, Sleight of hand (for LMG's), and Quick Revive or PhD Flopper. Weapons I suggest are an upgraded ray gun, 2 LMG's, and the VR-11 upgraded. Avoid getting into corners as zombies come from anywhere on this map and remember that you can calm down George by taking him into water.
    Rounds 1-3: Stay in the spawn room and rack up points. It is smart for at least 1 person to avoid firing a shot until round 3 in case of emergency.

Rounds 4-6: Have 1 person open to the lighthouse and the other to the ship. If needed, buy one of the machine guns off the walls. Once 1 person has enough points, clear the debris to the top of the ship. Hold out on top of the ship with whatever weapons necessary until round 6. (If George gets to close or you are overrun zipline down and make your way back to the top of the boat) At the start of round 6, open the door to the power room and turn on the power. Hold out until the end of the round. (If you are overrun fling over to the lighthouse and head back to the ship.

Rounds 7-10: Get enough points open to the second part of the ship and buy the MP40 off the wall. Then open the door at the bottom of the stairs to the Juggernog room. One person defends the window in the hallway with Juggernog while the others stand at the base of the stairs that open to the water, gathering enough points to buy Juggernog (switch places when someone has enough points until everybody has Juggernog).

Rounds 11-13: When everybody has Juggernog, open the door closest to Juggernog to the top of the 2nd half of the ship. Open the door to the front of the second part of ship and try to make a crawler. Once a crawler is made open the path to the bottom of the lighthouse and, if there is enough points, open the path to the top of the lighthouse. Guns such as the M16 or the MP40 should be upgraded, if it is possible.

180px-Call_of_the_dead_map_figure_8_2.jpg

Rounds 14+: Now the zipline at the top of the house is open, follow the now completed "figure 8".
    "The figure 8": At the start of each round, start on the top of ship. Stay there until overrun and fling to the lighthouse. Go to the top of the lighthouse and once overrun, zipline to the second half of the ship. Go to the front of the second half of the ship and jump down to the path that leads to the spawn room. From the spawn room, make your way to the top of the ship and repeat. It is useful to have one or two people with Typhoid and Mary or a Spaz-24 so if there are any zombies that somehow get on front of you, you can easily clear them out

If you find the random box during these steps, use it at your own discretion. It is suggested to upgrade an off the wall weapon because you can purchase ammo. If a person get either the Scavenger or the upgraded M16, PHD Flopper is a must. Do not attempt to clear paths to other perks or free the original characters without a crawler. Some perks are in hard to defend positions where you can easily be trapped. Always be on the lookout for George and do not rush, zombies have to stop to attack so as long as you do not get swarmed, you shouldn't need to do much running. Keep an eye ahead of you as well as behind you, for zombies will continue to spawn.
    Rounds 1-3: In the spawn area and get some points by knifing the zombies on rounds 1 and 2.Try to ignore George while your at it. If desired shoot 6 times then knife on round 2. Once round 3 hits shoot 8 times and knife.

Rounds 4-7: Ok now at the start of round 4, buy the boat that leads to the ship that has the power room on it. If the box is at the top under power then clear the debris and try the box one time only. If not, then don't clear the debris yet. Instead go to boat you have to buy on the very right side of the boat (leads to MP40) and buy that. Now everyone should buy the MP40 to survive. Once everyone has the MP40 make your way to the debris that leads to power and buy it, then go upstairs and get 1 or 2 people to guard the stairs and the other(s) to guard that window next to it. If George is near zipline and get everyone to go to the quick revive machine and kill the zombies coming into the water (try to make a crawler just to buy a couple of doors). Now, get one person to buy the door to power and the other to buy the door to Juggernog. By now round 7 should hit and now everyone just needs points for Juggernog. Now make your way back to the top of the boat (I'll just call it the camping spot from here on out). The person with the most should gaurd the window in the power room. The next person with the most should gaurd the window next to the stairs. And the 2 people with the least amount of points (or 3rd person is playing with 3 people) gaurd the stairs. Try to make a crawler and then make your way to juggernaug. Once everyone has it, if anyone has a spare 750 points, they need to buy the 2nd boat at the starting area so everyone can then use the flinger and fling George away to buy you some time while fighting off the zombie apocolypse at the camping spot.

Rounds 8-14: Now just camp there and rack up a ton of points. If you run out of MP40 ammo go buy some more. If you used the box from earlier rounds because it spawned in the power room, make sure your completely safe to use it and not risk getting down (assuming no one has gotten a teddy bear). Once everyone has a lot of points, buy the door to the lighthouse and the desks that lead to the top of the lighthouse. Buy the door that leads to semtex's as well. Now you can do the figure 8 method(fling, top of lighthouse, zipline, back to camping spot, start over if necissary) till someone gets the Wonder Waffe DG-2. Everyone needs to try for the box a maximun of 3 times and hope you get the V-R11 and either the Ray Gun/Scavenger/Matryoshka Dolls for the easter egg's last step. The person who gets the V-R11 should keep it and save it for Pack-a-Punch. Make a crawler during any of these rounds and then start the easter egg. Once someone has the Wonder Waffe DG-2, he or she will be the "Tanker". If everyone has enough points, they may want to get Stamin-Up (because the zombies actually run somewhat fast on this map and especially around these rounds) and/or Speed Cola. The person who is going to be the "Tanker" should buy PhD Flopper. If playing with 4 people, get one person to gaurd the window in the back, the other to gaurd the window next to stairs, and the other to guard the stairs. The "Tanerk" will wait around till overcrowded and shoot the zombies with the Wonder Waffe DG-2. You do not want the "Tanker" to waste a lot of ammo for it unless you see a max ammo, then get him or her to waste all of it except one clip and and then get the max ammo. If playing with 3 people same thing except the person gaurding the stairs needs to gaurd the window next to it as well. If George gets near then fling and do the figure 8 method. You also want to try for the box some more till u get stuff like Ray Guns and LMG's.

Rounds 15+: By now you should just camp up there and have the "Tanker" do his/her job and fling if George is near. You should rack up points Pack-a-Punch and have a maximum of 4 perks later after PaP. The person who will Pack-a-Punch the V-R11 will need it to get rid of George when needed and to use to distract zombies if anyone gets downed (which hopefully won't happen). I like the call the person with the PaP V-R11 the "Stuntman" (pardon the pun). If desired, kill George and get another person to get the Wonder Waffe DG-2from him (since everyone should have the achievement by now) but don't get the second person to be a "Tanker" and instead just use up all the ammo on zombies unless the first "Tanker" gets tired of the job, then the 2nd person with the Wonder Waffe can move on to being the "Tanker" and the first needs to gaurd the stairs and get more points. And kill George for random perk bottles as well. Now that pretty much everything is complete (like having a Ray Gun and secondary weapon of your choice preferably a LMG though all Pack-a-Punched along with 4+ perks), just have fun and survive as long as you can. Hope this helped!
    The figure of 8 looks like a decent plan, some plans recommend using off the wall weapons just to get ammo since the random box can be in a bad location and there are few max ammos.

I think there is enough space up near the power room for someone to lead George away or once we open the lighthouse use the flopper to send him on his way. The last strategy has a specific plan for holding out near the power room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Try playing it on solo first (its easier) If you follow the 4 bullets and knife for round 1 and the same for round 2 with the help of which ever power up you get , you should have enough money to open up the 2 boats and buy the mp40 which will do you until round 10.
    In multi-player its usually before round 3 ends that you can get the mp40.

I'll be on soon, anyone for a game of zombies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Good games last night with Perrin, Frenzy, Everlast, Elkat, Jev and lynx. The first night in ages where we actually were kinda tested in a few games, still beasted though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Good games last night with Perrin, Everlast, Elkat, Jev and lynx. The first night in ages where we actually were kinda tested in a few games, still beasted though :pac:
    Yeah very good games. Think only lost once as far as I remember but that's because it was 4v6 and Perrin was a traitor against us that game. :mad:;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Good games last night with Perrin, Everlast, Elkat, Jev and lynx. The first night in ages where we actually were kinda tested in a few games, still beasted though :pac:

Yea it was real refreshing to have to work for killstreaks and caps. Once one person got a blackbird though we had them up for the remainder of the game. Haven't had games like that in a while. I'll be on again tonight from 10:30 onwards. No work tomorrow so on for the long haul :D

Finical wrote: »
    Yeah very good games. Think only lost once as far as I remember but that's because it was 4v6 and Perrin was a traitor against us that game. :mad:;)

At least we got them back in the next game. We made the pr1cks leave early too, always a sign that you've really taken revenge :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Finical wrote: »

Apologises for the ghost antics on that map guys.

Frenzy, what killstreaks were you running? cause you were putting up some beastly scores,I think you went something like 72-12 on nuketown and I don't remember you having any air support up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Apologises for the ghost antics on that map guys.

Frenzy, what killstreaks were you running? cause you were putting up some beastly scores,I think you went something like 72-12 on nuketown and I don't remember you having any air support up.
    Spy plane, care package and blackbird. I was using hardline to get it pro with the care packages. They oul brother was on ps3 last night double xp and nuketown 24/7. Such a shame ye can't do nuketown 24/7 always. :(

Last exam tomorrow so I'll be on a lot over the coming weeks/months. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Some great and testing games on Friday indeed lads.. Had to stay on til I bought the 15 Prestige Playercard.. rip off b*stards - 25,000 point? I was b*tching to Perrin - I mean, do they not know there's a recession on?

Thankfully, past the first 20 levels though.. working up for some bling bling and thankfully, doing all of the perk tasks for the very last time* :D

*(with the exception of second chance... never bought - never used!)

Show off!! Still miles off 15th :(:D

I'll be on soon for few games if anyones up for it

Believe me - it ain't nothing to do with skill, but pure hours of slugging it out!

Roll on release of new maps for PS3 - quids in for all :D

I'll be on soon if you or anyone else is around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

thanks for the games last night lads we had a few good ones . internet went a little bogey at one stage and took me a few minutes to fix/turn on and off/ the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

sierra117x wrote: »
    thanks for the games last night lads we had a few good ones . internet went a little bogey at one stage and took me a few minutes to fix/turn on and off/ the problem

Why lie Adam ?
    You were gobblin sausage again weren't ya ????

Ya durrty f3cker !!!!

I know I'm not a great player by any means but hold sh!t I was woefull tonight, barely goin positive in most games, nearly put my foot through the xbox :mad: was better to quit than tempt it :D

Anyone else think zombies messes up MP? Generally in zombies, well later rounds, I spray alot.. This obviously doesn't work in MP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Played a few games of World at War last night. Only 11,000 players online, was hard enough to get into a match. The first match/lobby was hacked, second lobby I only had 1 bar. Disappointing really, looks like the game in finished now, It was great at the time.

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Played a few games of World at War last night. Only 11,000 players online, was hard enough to get into a match. The first match/lobby was hacked, second lobby I only had 1 bar. Disappointing really, looks like the game in finished now, It was great at the time.

Played about 40 mins of CoD4 last night - two hacked lobbies (one with a bloke standing in the air shooting down on us, the other with a constant feed of some nimrod's website scrolling across the screen) and 2 invites from nimrod eiles hosting 10th prestige lobbies.. like said above, its a$$holes like these that kill games off :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

everlast75 wrote: »
    Played about 40 mins of CoD4 last night - two hacked lobbies (one with a bloke standing in the air shooting down on us, the other with a constant feed of some nimrod's website scrolling across the screen) and 2 invites from nimrod eiles hosting 10th prestige lobbies.. like said above, its a$$holes like these that kill games off :mad:

Exactly. I kept all my COD games cos I do like to go back and play each one now and again, but the hacking makes it pointless. I'd nearly trade them all in but prefer to keep them all the same.

Trying to win a game 100-0 is tough. It's bloody impossible when there is 9 of us!

We all set up ghost pro, ninja and silenced weapons and tried to hide in the one spot for the whole game. First time we did it on crisis and got the sea spawn. Eventually we got found out and had to relocate after a stun grenade hit us. Then we tried it on grid and managed to give the enemy team a 6 or 7 man semtex kill. I managed to go 0-0 on array after 3 or 4 enemies walked right past me after killing the people around me. It was something straight out of "All Ghilled Up".

We had to use the game chat as there was 9 of us so we could only discuss tactics when in the game so the enemy couldn't hear our plans. If we were to do it again we should hide in separate areas so we don't all get found out at once. Or have only one player doing all the fighting so the enemy will only target them and the rest can hide in peace.

Another time we all used shotguns up until 9000 points then we had to use tomahawks for the last 10 kills. Luckily we had built up a good lead!

@Yimrag,

What'd you make of that Serbian movie the other day or did you watch it?

yimrsg wrote: »
    Trying to win a game 100-0 is tough. It's bloody impossible when there is 9 of us!

We all set up ghost pro, ninja and silenced weapons and tried to hide in the one spot for the whole game. First time we did it on crisis and got the sea spawn. Eventually we got found out and had to relocate after a stun grenade hit us. Then we tried it on grid and managed to give the enemy team a 6 or 7 man semtex kill. I managed to go 0-0 on array after 3 or 4 enemies walked right past me after killing the people around me. It was something straight out of "All Ghilled Up".

We had to use the game chat as there was 9 of us so we could only discuss tactics when in the game so the enemy couldn't hear our plans. If we were to do it again we should hide in separate areas so we don't all get found out at once. Or have only one player doing all the fighting so the enemy will only target them and the rest can hide in peace.

Another time we all used shotguns up until 9000 points then we had to use tomahawks for the last 10 kills. Luckily we had built up a good lead!

Can't believed I missed that :mad: If you haven't seen them already, ye should take a leaf out of these guys

We had a few novel games ourselves last night - hide and go seek with the enemy on Launch, WMD and then later on a shotgun only set of games. We got beat on one, but then in memory of Pete who was tragically lost to us as a result of that game, pwned the same lads on the next game :D

Fun highlight of the night was changing our clan tag to "WIGA" in honour of Floyd "8 Mile" P :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Some tough games of demolition last night...especially on Hotel. Thought we had lost as the second bomb was defused at about 1 sec - held them off till the end though to get the win.

Advertisement