Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing/Midwifery TCD

Options
  • 08-07-2010 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Anyone else starting in TCD this year? As far as I know all the disciplines share lectures in first year before branching off in second year (I stand to be corrected on this).

I'm a mature student starting in September (TCD/Adelaide) cant wait :D

Anyone else out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TERRIC

Congratulations Angelique. I'll be starting Midwifery at TCD this September too so there's at least 2 of us!! Are you all organised?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Angelique

Congratulations back to you Terric :)

I'm trying to get organized. I have the child care sorted. I think I'm gonna get the early train each morning (I'm in Athy) when in college and I ll drive to placement. Id love to have all the info and the time table from the college any idea when they start sending us any info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

Hi Terric,

Just wondering what score you got in the aptitude test??? I got my 3rd choice which was general but Midwifery was my first and second choice and am hoping i may get offered that in the second round. If i know your score i may have an idea of how far away from the score i am to know if there is even any point in getting my hopes up!!!

Thanks and good luck girls, your dreams are coming true!!!:D

Hi Moomia. I scored 186. You? Final last year was 167/8 I think. With change of mind and deferals, you might get lucky. Have you checked on CAO to see if final scores are out yet? Fingers xxd for you.

Angelique, I'll be similar to you. Commuting by train and driving to placements so not looking forward to that but I'm sure we'll get over it.

TCD is late to start so this is good to get kids sorted before we pack our own school bags!!

I've a sneaky suspicion we're all on rc already - would i be right?!

TERRIC wrote: »

That would be very right...lol...;)

• Advertisement

Thought so!
    Points for our round are on http://www2.cao.ie/points/mature nursing This should give you some hope, i hope. Have a look if you've not already...

That is coming up as an error whenever i click on it!!! I didn't know that points for our round were out yet??? Where did you get the info from???

ah sorry hun. i hate it when it underlines stuff. go to cao.ie. then click points and it'll take you to a link for mature nursing.... it won't let me copy and paste. let me know you go...

Thats:
    cao.ie
    go!
    click for list of Round A 2010 Mature Nursing Courses

Sorry my computer is fecked and won't copy/paste or anything else right now.

Great thanks!! Will have a look now.

• Advertisement

Hi Moomia. I scored 186. You? Final last year was 167/8 I think. With change of mind and deferals, you might get lucky. Have you checked on CAO to see if final scores are out yet? Fingers xxd for you.

Angelique, I'll be similar to you. Commuting by train and driving to placements so not looking forward to that but I'm sure we'll get over it.

TCD is late to start so this is good to get kids sorted before we pack our own school bags!!

LOL good guess about the RC forum :D

Where are you travelling from Terric?

I'm in Mullingar. Have you decided on hsp preference? I'm hoping Rotunda. But yet another wait for a choice and decision on that. The lack of control and the waiting game kills me! Wonder if anyone else will come on board? I may not go to july talk and wait for august mature week. Will see...

I'm in Mullingar. Have you decided on hsp preference? I'm hoping Rotunda. But yet another wait for a choice and decision on that. The lack of control and the waiting game kills me! Wonder if anyone else will come on board? I may not go to july talk and wait for august mature week. Will see...

I have Tallaght since I got the Adelaide with TCD which I'm delighted with cos its the nearest commute :)

Still waiting myself to see if the HSE find it in their hearts to sponsor me LOL (I work as a HCA with the HSE). Always seem to be waiting for something in this lengthy process :(

Oh I hear ya re. the wait. It's like waiting for a bus and once it finally does arrive you realise it's going the wrong way or you've no fare!! Keep the faith - we'll get there...

Got a letter from Trinity about the financial information morning which I am gonna miss cos off on holidays from tomorrow.

We have our mature orientation programme from the 13th to the 16th of September :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Emila

Hi girls, big congratulations on getting a place! I'll be applying next year into nursing & midwifery school to TCD and UCD with big hope that I'll get a place in midwifery :o. I know few people who are doing midwifery course, and they absolutely love it. I'm as well worrying about child care, financial side, etc, etc.

Advertisement