Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 9-11 July 2010

• 08-07-2010 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Premier Division
    Friday, 09 Jul 2010
    Bray Wanderers 19:45 Sporting Fingal
    Drogheda United 19:45 Bohemian FC
    St. Patrick's Athletic 19:45 U.C.D.
    Sligo Rovers 19:45 Galway United

Sunday, 11 Jul 2010
    Shamrock Rovers 16:00 Dundalk

First Division
    Friday, 09 Jul 2010
    Cork City 19:45 Shelbourne
    Derry City 19:45 Wexford Youths
    Limerick 19:45 Salthill Devon
    Mervue United 19:45 Longford Town
    Waterford United 19:45 Monaghan United

Saturday, 10 Jul 2010
    Athlone Town 19:30 Finn Harps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Looking forward to our first ever away game against Cork Foras.

Think there's good numbers heading down and I'm quietly confident of the three points. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zebra3 wrote: »

Think there's good numbers heading down and I'm quietly confident of the three points. :pac:

First ever match against FORAS and surprisingly first trip to Turners X (just the Showgrounds and Drom left for me).

Good numbers by the looks, I'll be happy with a point tbh, but I'll take 3.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

First ever match against FORAS and surprisingly first trip to Turners X (just the Showgrounds and Drom left for me).

I completed my proper all over ireland last year with the game vs Limerick (sathill ,mervue and fingal dont count).

Bah UCD :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bah UCD :(
    Least it's at home!

Drogs is usually a fun trip and we should have enough to take 3 points home.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

I love how Shels fans refer to Cork City by acknowledging that the fans saved the club by including the name of the supporters trust. We're in their heads! :D

296794_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=429&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Saved the club? It's a new club, with Foras as the distinguishing feature in the name. :rolleyes:

Given the suspensions the FAI have belatedly dumped on us (Philly and Nipper), after seemingly confirming earlier that we had none, I'm not confident at all. Need to see Bruce get a run out, now more so than ever, but odds are he'll be left at home or something equally stupid. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good numbers by the looks, I'll be happy with a point tbh, but I'll take 3.:D

No need to be quiet about it. We are pretty awful lately, and that is putting if nicely. Id be happy with a point, and prefereably a score draw. Tired to bejesus of goaless games, and 0-1 defeats.

Hope ye left ye're schoolies behind as I am sure our lot will be out in force. Morons.

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    I love how Shels fans refer to Cork City by acknowledging that the fans saved the club by including the name of the supporters trust. We're in their heads! :D

It's part of the name of your franchise and as pointed out above, you didn't save your club, but hey, why let facts get in the way of a myth..... :rolleyes:

And 115 year old institutions don't do rivalries with outfits that are a mere six months old. Take up a rivalry with someone your own age like new Derry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

:rolleyes:

768lemon.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bitter over what? Cork's league position?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Who do Shels not hate? :pac:

Hard win for us tonight vs a decent UCD side, we dominated the start then scored then they dominated the rest of the half. They play some really nice stuff.

2 scrappy goals for us.

Cmon da Dalk!!!! :D

Bohs really aren't getting the rub of luck are they?

stovelid wrote: »

New tactic in Hokey Cokey park, if the lights are off noone can see Darius is in charge :p

Btw summer football ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

stovelid wrote: »

Our defence switched off for the goal, then the lights switched off too! :eek:

CSF wrote: »
    Bitter over what? Cork's league position?

Not after tonight anyway!:D

First trip to Turners X and gotta love the 5 lads in St.Annes Stand.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

shels well worth their win. A ****ty end to an already ****ty day for me personally. i arrived at the cross with low expectations anyway but watching that team , uninspiring would sum it up. Shane duggan again impressed me. The kid isnt even from cork.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Quality night, McGill is such a hero.

After all the pictures the sad Corkies posted is anyone gonna post a picture of Giller?

What a legend. :pac:

Anyone else find it annoying when the 1st divisioners start ****ing on about their league and how great they are at being fans in the Premier Division thread?

Seriously mods we get enough abuse from these 1st timers going to games and waffling on about our premier division seats and where we choose to watch games from.

Do we have to hear about their exploits in whatever pitiful league they in?

Cant we have a forum just for the 1st division?

• Advertisement

After all the pictures the sad Corkies posted is anyone gonna post a picture of Giller?

What a legend. :pac:

324296.jpg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone else find it annoying when the 1st divisioners start ****ing on about their league and how great they are at being fans in the Premier Division thread?

Seriously mods we get enough abuse from these 1st timers going to games and waffling on about our premier division seats and where we choose to watch games from.

Do we have to hear about their exploits in whatever pitiful league they in?

Cant we have a forum just for the 1st division?

League of Ireland football this weekend now go and f*ck!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

****ing disaster, 1-0 up and all over them, and what do we get? Another game :rolleyes:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dundalk :cool:

Advertisement