Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any relief from morning sickness?

• 08-07-2010 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am 8 weeks pregnant and feel sick most days and it can last pretty much most of the day, does any one have any ideas how to stop the sickness?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Hi Nicejob,

poor u, I had it from 6-16 weeks all day every day! I'm just pasting my suggestions here from another thread, some are a bit weird but worked for me.

here's what I found helped not sure if you can actually hold food down?

nairns ginger oatcakes- in tesco or health food shops, eat one before you get out of the bed, or 2!

dry toast, cerial, bananas,
    I used to sniff fresh cut lemons this helped, I used to gag when opening the fridge so threw out anything that smelt strong garlic or anything like that, keep the windows open leave the room when others are eating, smelling peppermint oil on a tissue also helped me.

Light a candle in the kitchen to drown out food smells.

Try to eat as soon as you get hunger pangs I found this really helped even if it was just a dry slice of toast it stopped the nausea almost immediately. Plus I stopped eating the 3 meals and have 6 mini meals or just snacks it seems to help.

hope it passes soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nicejob

Thank you for that.

I will give them all a go....coz at this stage, anything has got to be better than how I feel, ....as I am fact running out of excuses at work as to why I look so ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 OMV

I will be ten weeks pregnant on Monday. I feel the very same, but since I started to use the travel bands on my wrists, I have been able to keep a little bit more food down.
    Like the previous poster said, small meals often. I am happily making my way through a bag of chipsticks as I write...they seem to settle things down a bit!
    My MIL advised eating a granny smith apple going to bed (!). Did that last night and believe it or not, not as bad this morning!
    Flat 7-Up also.
    Also don't drink while you eat...do it separately.
    Good luck with it all. I hope you get relief soon.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I haven't vomited but I've felt pretty rough at times. I've noticed 11am-3pm is when I feel worst and for me it seems to help if I don't let myself get too hungry. I snack on dry crackers, bananas and yoplait yoghurts and it def helps. I'd eat crisps off a sore leg at the moment so I have to stay away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

I felt sick all day for 14 weeks.. nightmare. it helped when I got up after 10am, not the very early morning, and had a snack of a bread or toast. Then glass of warm water with freshly sliced ginger (not too much) and lemon and honey few times a day.
    Ginger cookies didn't work for me.
    but snacking small amounts of food, or toast with butter only throught out all day helped me.
    I know its annoying and unpleasant, but then when you pass this, next 4 months of happines and joy and then... 8-9 months are other things that you will suffer from :)

so get throught this and enjoy what you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 smaaaa

im 4 months now but i was so sick for the first 3months only thing that eased that horrible feeling was to eat eat and eat not strong foods but bland enough foods i never felt hungry but just forced myself because it was the only thing that worked

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bmmck

I am about 8 weeks and about 3 weeks ago I started to feel so sick but I never vomited once and still havent, its just a constant feeling of nausea, a rotten taste in my mouth and I am really sensitive to smells, I went off all food for the first week just ate toast or something small to get something into my stomach as an empty feeling in my stomach was making me feel worse, I feel like s**t but I dont want to complain as I had a miscarriage back in March, today I had to leave work because I could not bear the smell there, I am getting obsessed with smells, taking the carpet up from the sitting room and putting down wooden floors because I think there is a smell from the carpet, I wish this rotten feeling would leave me now. does anyone else have similar experience?

Advertisement