Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting J peg images to pdf or word

Options
  • 08-07-2010 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,871 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Does anyone know of freeware that can convert a scanned image to the above so I can edit it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Download GIMP if you want to edit images or you can also use MSPaint.

Word or Acrobat will not let you edit a JPEG image, they'll only let you embed it.

Edit: Just realised that you're probably talking about a scanned in document where you want to extract the text. Try Google Docs first. When you upload a file, there's an option to convert images to text.

If that doesn't work, Google for OCR programs. There should be a free one out there that'll do what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i think PDF Creator will do this for you. you can drag and drop the jpeg into PDF creator and it'll turn it to PDF. i'm not too sure whether you'll be able to select text though or edit it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I know Snagit can take a screenshot of an image and extract the text if thats any use. You can download a fully functioning 30 day trial at http://www.techsmith.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Leatherman

Try pdfonline.com it's very straight forward and has done the job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Do you want to edit the image or create a PDF?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Do it all the time.
    I use this site:

http://www.zamzar.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement