Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eurosport Tour coverage on the web

• 08-07-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28

Hi,

Does anyone know how to access Eurosport UK live on the web to watch Le Tour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

AFAIK you have top sign up to Eurosport player (fee). Otherwise there are probably plenty of streams online..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/0/150/v-15003.html

This will give you Eurosport free, not the greatest quality and the odd ad but fine considering its free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

Eurosport player costs a fiver a month but you can cancel whenever you want.(i.e no contract afaik.) A fiver is not too bad for fairly good coverage/stream quality imo.

I just got sick of chasing poor streams and flemish commentary and decided it was worth the price of a pint to have Sean Kelly lulling me into a cycling reverie while I should be working.(i'm the boss so I am only ripping myself off.)

http://video.eurosport.co.uk/eurosport-player/subscription.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 steveoracle

£5 per month and you can cancel at any time? That means a fiver for quality Tour coverage... Sold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Or if you have an iphone, download the Eurosport player app and pay €3 for a month. I've got it, and if you've got a wifi connection, it's perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i have that eurosport coverage got it for the giro pretty good now its just a shame i cant activate my sky card at the same time (just FTA and dont want a sky contract)

this gives lists of free feeds but they can disappear just before the interseting bits

http://www.cyclingfans.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

Or listen to the Eurosport Live Audio feed on one tab, while watching TG4 on another tab in your browser. Not always in sync though.

I also use the iPhone Eurosport player app which works very well on Wifi and not so bad on 3G. Drove back from the ROK to Dublin listening to live TDF commentary most of way. Would stall occasionally as coverage faded in and out but enough coverage to follow what was going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Mark OK

The eurosport player is in French, so unfortunately no Sean Kelly. Picture quality is very good but without Kelly it's nowhere near as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

FECK they've changed it !

Eurosport in English with SK now free here :

http://www.freedocast.com/opa715

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Kelly and all ;)

(...just add it to the list)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

If you have sky at home you can now login online and watch eurosport live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭LeoD

I just subscribed to the Eurosport player and it's in English with Sean Kelly but it keeps disconnecting every couple of minutes. Anyone else have this problem? I can listening to streaming radio no problem.

LeoD wrote: »
    I just subscribed to the Eurosport player and it's in English with Sean Kelly but it keeps disconnecting every couple of minutes. Anyone else have this problem? I can listening to streaming radio no problem.

I think you can increase the buffer size in the player. I can't remember how but I know I did it.

Edit. Sometimes I have to watch it in low resolution to stop it dropping out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I subscribed last week to the Eurosport Player. Well worth it in my opinion. For me, it's reliable and it's really great quality (when you click on "very high" resolution and have a good internet connection). At first, it seems ridiculous to be paying to listen to Sean Kelly and other boys on Eurosport but it's only €4.90 for the month, you can cancel it easily (I had it last year for TDF also), and it beats searching the web for dodgy links!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

I'm going to have to stump for this, I have eurosport on the telly in the living room but I work from home and my room has no tv, so I'm either working or watching the tour and so far my productivity is wayyyy down..

lol!

SubLuminal wrote: »
    I'm going to have to stump for this, I have eurosport on the telly in the living room but I work from home and my room has no tv, so I'm either working or watching the tour and so far my productivity is wayyyy down..

lol!

I am in a similar situation and I walk around with wireless headphones on as you really only need to listen to it for most of the time.

Advertisement