Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long before sleeping together?

• 08-07-2010 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi question for the guys here I have recently started seeing a really
    lovely guy, I was just wondering how long would you wait before sleeping with a girl you were dating?. I know its different for everyone, we have had one date so I know it won't be for awhile thing is I love sex and getting close to somene but dont want to scare him off by making a move..
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

If you've decided you do want to sleep with him then the biggest hurdle is over for you, go with the flow.
    Obviously sleeping with someone on the first meeting or date can come across as jumping the gun for both parties but after that to me it's not a question of how long you should leave it. You should do what you want and if the moment strikes and you are up for it, then go for it.

It's sorta like kissing on a date, you can't force it if the right moment doesn't come. Be prepared for it happening when it does but don't plan it. Spontaneity & surprise is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The way I see it is if two people wanna have sex, they should just have sex. I can't stand all of the, "Oh, gotta wait 'til after three dates or six dates"... whatever. If things are going in that direction and that's what you want, happy days. If he leaves because he thinks you are easy, thinks you should have waited, that's his issue.

If he wants to wait, that's fine. Some people just aren't ready to hop into bed when they don't know a person and there's nothing wrong with that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭RedRebel

If you've decided you do want to sleep with him then the biggest hurdle is over for you, go with the flow.
    Obviously sleeping with someone on the first meeting or date can come across as jumping the gun for both parties but after that to me it's not a question of how long you should leave it. You should do what you want and if the moment strikes and you are up for it, then go for it.

It's sorta like kissing on a date, you can't force it if the right moment doesn't come. Be prepared for it happening when it does but don't plan it. Spontaneity & surprise is best.

Solid advice here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ive waited from 2 dates up to 2 months,it really shouldnt be an issue once both parties feel comfortable and ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Novella wrote: »
    The way I see it is if two people wanna have sex, they should just have sex. I can't stand all of the, "Oh, gotta wait 'til after three dates or six dates"... whatever. If things are going in that direction and that's what you want, happy days. If he leaves because he thinks you are easy, thinks you should have waited, that's his issue.

If he wants to wait, that's fine. Some people just aren't ready to hop into bed when they don't know a person and there's nothing wrong with that either.
    Perfectly sound advice! there are no rules or calculations. It always best to go with the flow, it is more enjoyable that way as well!!
    Nothing worse than premeditated sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I know its different for everyone...

You've answered your own question, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pinkpigs

For what it's worth apparently the average seems to be around the fourth of fifth date.

Again as pervious posters said when it feels right you'll know.

Good luck and enjoy!

P.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Up de Barrs

pinkpigs wrote: »
    For what it's worth apparently the average seems to be around the fourth of fifth date.

Again as pervious posters said when it feels right you'll know.

Good luck and enjoy!

P.P.

Disagree slightly, would say 3rd date is about average, personally if it isn't happening by then I'd be getting worried, but as said do whats right for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

MoodeRator,please bear in mind this is tGC so there is no need for that type of thing.

Advertisement