Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Regarding signing off.

• 08-07-2010 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I'm leaving Ireland at the end of July for a 6 week charity drive to Mongolia. I've only just started receiving JSB payments this week, is it possible to sign off and then sign back on as soon as I return? is there a time limit? or is it possible to stay signed on a collect when I return?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx

have a look at the link above and best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

I dont get how someone unemployed and only after getting JSB is able to do a drive to Mongolia!?

On JSB you are only entitled to 2 weeks holidays per year, if you go any longer, your claim will be cancelled, and all payment be stopped, you'll have wait till you come back to start off all over again, and they might not be too thrilled to hear you were treking across Mongolia for the past 6 weeks, so think of a good excuse now if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I dont get how someone unemployed and only after getting JSB is able to do a drive to Mongolia!?

On JSB you are only entitled to 2 weeks holidays per year, if you go any longer, your claim will be cancelled, and all payment be stopped, you'll have wait till you come back to start off all over again, and they might not be too thrilled to hear you were treking across Mongolia for the past 6 weeks, so think of a good excuse now if you can.
    well thanks for your reply, I've saved for this trip from when I was WORKING, and paying my stamps into the PAYE system, not that it's any of your business anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

markok84 wrote: »
    well thanks for your reply, I've saved for this trip from when I was WORKING, and paying my stamps into the PAYE system, not that it's any of your business anyway.

Im not concerned about your business, but you have published it on a public internet forum.

Its not how I see it its how they see it, your leaving the country for 6 weeks for leisure, and thats how it will be viewed no matter what PAYE you payed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Jez Gerry, be careful ya don't take a tumble off that high horse, twill be a long way down. He just asked a question, whether he could sign off and back on again. If he has only signed on recently, he obviously has been working, I severly doubt a trip to Mongolia of all places can be organised over night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    Jez Gerry, be careful ya don't take a tumble off that high horse, twill be a long way down. He just asked a question, whether he could sign off and back on again. If he has only signed on recently, he obviously has been working, I severly doubt a trip to Mongolia of all places can be organised over night.

If you have an issue with posts, please use the report post function.
    Gerry Asstrix infracted for breach of forum charter.

Advertisement