Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coop problem

Options
  • 08-07-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I am currently on coop thats supposed to last until january but found out there I have to repeat 2 modules on a Link-in basis from semester 1. I technically amn't permitted to be on coop but if there remains no communication between the college and my employer what would happen if I just continued to work there? would I get in trouble with the college or will I just be asked to stop working nicely whenever they find out Im still there? Bit of a silemna Im ni...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

If the company is ok to keep you on then there shouldn't be a problem
    The only issue i can see is the possible clash between your college hours and work hours

When i was on co-op (may to jan) I discovered i had to do a link in during semester 2. My supervisor and the HR department were ok for me to stay and when i eventually spoke to the co-op office they gave me an exemption from having to repeat co-op

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tones66

well the thing is I could definately manage to juggle both because i have only 4 compulsory labs to go to and I could get days off work for them I suppose. Were you treated as a full coop employee there? because it clearly stated in my letter from the college "you are not permitted to continue on coop"...?

Advertisement