Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get national stations in Cork at the moment- Mast repairs?

• 08-07-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭

I can't tune in any national radio stations at the minute but county stations are coming through loud and clear. Just wondering if anyone here is having similar problems?

I'm in North Cork.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Problems here, too.

It was the same yesterday around 2pm I think. Everything went static except for the local stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Problems here, too.

It was the same yesterday around 2pm I think. Everything went static except for the local stations.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭Antenna

yes - Mullaghanish replacement mast work. FM radio was also off for periods on Monday and Wednesday too (don't think it was off Tuesday?)

You might able to hear the stations but weaker from a more distant transmitter on other frequencies (use manual tuning on a radio with digital tuning) - if you're in North Co. Cork try retuning to

88.8 - RTE Radio 1
    91.0 - 2fm
    100.6 - Today FM
    107.0/6/8 - Newstalk

And RTE Radio 1 is also on 252 LW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

Power reductions and full outages while commissioning new Band II antennas.

You could try their web streams considering you are sitting in front of a computer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Liamomurchu

Antenna wrote: »
    yes - Mullaghanish replacement mast work. FM radio was also off for periods on Monday and Wednesday too (don't think it was off Tuesday?)

You might able to hear the stations but weaker from a more distant transmitter on other frequencies (use manual tuning on a radio with digital tuning) - if you're in North Co. Cork try retuning to

88.8 - RTE Radio 1
    91.0 - 2fm
    100.6 - Today FM
    107.0/6/8 - Newstalk

And RTE Radio 1 is also on 252 LW

This is still obviously ongoing. Sporadic coverage from 2fm and today fm in Killarney and South Kerry! A joke at this stage! Can they not employ engineers to sort it out! Surely can't be that hard to fix!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

This is still obviously ongoing. Sporadic coverage from 2fm and today fm in Killarney and South Kerry! A joke at this stage! Can they not employ engineers to sort it out! Surely can't be that hard to fix!

I think this has been going on for weeks. (Tralee, both local and Mullach an Ois)
    There must be more to it than just replacing a few antennae.
    There’s rumour going around that it is associated with testing for DAB radio, but following on their statement re no further roll-out, very unlikely.
    DTT perhaps?

Advertisement