Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merlin Pk Hospital

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

AFAIK they need an Ambulance to transfer the patient from the Helicopter to the A&E Dept so does the Heli-pad even have to be in the hospital?
    If they do any building in UCHG they should put in a massive secure underground carpark just for staff and/or Ambulances. Thank God I am not there much but its a disaster for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

skelliser wrote: »
    There is also a landing pad for helicopters and thus you cannot build further building around that or in its vicinity.

What are you suggesting, Justmary? Im kinda confused. do you want all the health services solely located at the UCHG site.

In a city this size, all acute services should be located at the one site: it's madness that (very sick) patients have to be transferred across town to access certain things that are provided at the other site, and that they're running two sets of reception, security, power-generator etc - not to mention the extra challenges of managing teams health professionals who are located over two sites.

And yes, I'm saying that site needs to be west of the river, because there need to be acute services on both sides and UCHG is the only one west of the river now.

And I'm saying that the land at the Newcastle site could be put to a LOT better use than it is now.

But I guess mostly I'm suggesting that campaigning needs to be on the basis of services, not buildings, because the building argument doesn't stack up.

(BTW, in the city I come from the helipad is on a roof and the helicopters have to be big enough to come across the sea. I don't know the precise specs though. Galway's challenges aren't actually that unique.)

Advertisement