Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB current account charge

Options
  • 08-07-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭

I see PTSB are now charging 12euro a quarter for their ordinary current account if its not a switch current account. Its in one of their brochures dated may 2010.

is this new or was there always a charge if you didnt use a switch current account which still qualifies for free banking?

only reason I ask is that they never mention the charge when i enquired about opening a current account. I had to read it in the small print and then say no thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

The 12 EUR change is new in recent weeks.

Ask PTSB to change your account from 'standard' to 'switch' to get around the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

The 12e charge was always there for current a/cs that werent the switch a/c. They have made this now the a/c offered to most customers when they open one. Only a certain criteria now qualify for the switch free banking a/c. In the case of it not being mentioned. This should have been made clear on a/c opening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Just to make this clear.

They will not tell you if you qualify for fee free banking until after you open the account.

If you don't, they will not tell you why you didn't qualify. They have an "internal scoring system".

Go with Ulster Bank or actual fee free banking, save yourself some hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Fungus wrote: »
    The 12 EUR change is new in recent weeks.

Ask PTSB to change your account from 'standard' to 'switch' to get around the fee.

If only it was that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

so much for free banking... going back to the good old days where they can charge what they like .... means ulster bank are the only ones with a free basic current account now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement