Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker in the pub and real deal???

Options
  • 08-07-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Whats happening with this tie up?? I hear real deal have pulled out but cant find anything on poker in the pub's joke of a website. Also on their facebook page they seem to be tied in with betpack?? Very confusing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Dean.Tamkin

Rockfish wrote: »
    Whats happening with this tie up?? I hear real deal have pulled out but cant find anything on poker in the pub's joke of a website. Also on their facebook page they seem to be tied in with betpack?? Very confusing.
    Well you seem to know everything about them allready , so what is your actual question here ??? And why do you feel you need to start a thread about it.

Are you just trying to stir shyte???

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Well you seem to know everything about them allready , so what is your actual question here ??? And why do you feel you need to start a thread about it.

Are you just trying to stir shyte???

No i dont know everything about them, im only passing on what i heard and i may have read online sonmwhere but i cant give a credible link. As for their website, it is an embarrassment and a total joke. Are you stalking me btw??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Word is that real deal poker pulled out of whatever agreement they had going with Poker in the pub as its wasn't worth their time/money. This been due to not enough players signing up the their site.

This is only what I've hear in the past week about the topic and I'm only passing on what I was told.

Word is that real deal poker pulled out of whatever agreement they had going with Poker in the pub as its wasn't worth their time/money. This been due to not enough players signing up the their site.

This is only what I've hear in the past week about the topic and I'm only passing on what I was told.

Ah right, ya i'd been hearing stuff and was just curious. They left it late to pull out.

No i dont know everything about them, im only passing on what i heard and i may have read online sonmwhere but i cant give a credible link. As for their website, it is an embarrassment and a total joke. Are you stalking me btw??
    No im sorry im not stalking you and i appologise if it looks like that .

Im just amused that you post asking questions and you allready have the answers in your own question's , so from the outside it just makes it look like a thread was started to cause harm to the promoters event.

• Advertisement

No im sorry im not stalking you and i appologise if it looks like that .

Im just amused that you post asking questions and you allready have the answers in your own question's , so from the outside it just makes it look like a thread was started to cause harm to the promoters event.

I dont already have answers? Thats why i posted. There were rumours that Real Deal had pulled out but nothing on their website but on their FB page there seems to be some tie up with some crowd called betpack. I was meerely asking did anyone know what the full story was. I dont see why you are being so toucht tbh.

Why on earth would i want to harm the promoters??? I might be going along to play is some of the side events.

I dont already have answers? Thats why i posted. There were rumours that Real Deal had pulled out but nothing on their website but on their FB page there seems to be some tie up with some crowd called betpack. I was meerely asking did anyone know what the full story was. I dont see why you are being so toucht tbh.

Why on earth would i want to harm the promoters??? I might be going along to play is some of the side events.
    Ok , sry again . I must hav got my wires crossed and read your post in the wrong way , when you referred to their web site as a joke i thought you were having a pop at them .
    Anyway goodluck in the side games , i have qualified for the main game so fingers crossed

Ok , sry again . I must hav got my wires crossed and read your post in the wrong way , when you referred to their web site as a joke i thought you were having a pop at them .
    Anyway goodluck in the side games , i have qualified for the main game so fingers crossed

Sound. No, def not having a go at them but in fairness the website is a mess and doent reflect well on them imo. Just my tuppence worth. Gl in the Main Event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭IPPT

Hi All,

just going to give you a few quick answers on the above and on Poker in the pub.

1.What happened between Poker in the pub and Realdeal poker will stay private between both parties.

2. Poker in the pub is running over 1 year now our first event in the Fitzwilliam card club last July saw 70+ players we Guaranteed €7000
    and paid out €7000.

The first grand final we held in Killarney in Febuary were over 700 players played the event we Guaranteed €65,000 and paid out €65,000.

The second grand final will take place in just under 2 weeks and we will also payout the Guaranteed prizepool

3.Betpack.com have come on board at this late stage on the last event there will be €2000 added to the prizepool, also every entry to all events will get a €10 free bet from betpack.com.

Regards,

Poker in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

what is the structure for the 80+20 Deepstack on saturday? What time does it start and finish on day 1? is there food included in the reg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

Bad form of Real Deal to pull out so late in the day. Must be crazy IMO. Access to so many players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 isildur2

I must say your web site is a shambles and your are not running a very transparent game at all, can you please post up your events you have planed for the weekend especially for the main event also the pay outs for the €65,000, I am sure you have done all ready, can you put this up too and I hope its more pay outs than the last one cos that was very top heavy.

I am really considering if i want to go to this game or not I won my ticket when i was going to college in Dublin a short time back but the lack of information decreases the amount of trust, if there is no response by Friday then myself and my mates will just head down to the Masters, at least we know where we stand there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭IPPT

IPPT wrote: »
    Hi All,

just going to give you a few quick answers on the above and on Poker in the pub.

1.What happened between Poker in the pub and Realdeal poker will stay private between both parties.

2. Poker in the pub is running over 1 year now our first event in the Fitzwilliam card club last July saw 70+ players we Guaranteed €7000
    and paid out €7000.

The first grand final we held in Killarney in Febuary were over 700 players played the event we Guaranteed €65,000 and paid out €65,000.

The second grand final will take place in just under 2 weeks and we will also payout the Guaranteed prizepool

3.Betpack.com have come on board at this late stage on the last event there will be €2000 added to the prizepool, also every entry to all events will get a €10 free bet from betpack.com.

Regards,

Poker in the pub
    The €65,000 Guaranteed prize-pool will be paid out, the pay outs will be available at the event.

IPPT wrote: »
    The €65,000 Guaranteed prize-pool will be paid out, the pay outs will be available at the event.

Why dont you answer the posters questions?? by the way i think you should have alook at the ipb forum.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Anyone got any details on the €65 freezeouts on the Fri and Sun please? Cheers. Blind structure and starting stacks please.

Can the organisers explain how tickets were being offered, to various tournament organisers ,for general sale up to two months ago? Now i have no problem with that per se but i was under the impression that you had to qualify??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 the dominator

Can the organisers explain how tickets were being offered, to various tournament organisers ,for general sale up to two months ago? Now i have no problem with that per se but i was under the impression that you had to qualify??
    they wont answer
    the whole week end was a total rip of imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 8game

there is a discussion on IPB about this. Any meaningful poker discussion will not be taking place here. I cant link you to it or the post will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 the dominator

8game wrote: »
    there is a discussion on IPB about this. Any meaningful poker discussion will not be taking place here. I cant link you to it or the post will be deleted.
    ok thanks
    i will have to set up an acc on that one

Advertisement