Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to add a custom domain to a blog?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Update the DNS Setting I have created a blog. Lets say its called joebloggs.com

I would like to use this domain that i have registered with blacknight to be my domain name for my blog. I understand how to change the settings on blogger (seems ok), but I cant follow the instructions listed on the google help site below.

What are the steps needed to update the settings through blacknight?

"DNS stands for Domain Name System, and a DNS server determines what site a given address takes you to. So far, you have a domain name but none of the servers on the internet know what to do with it yet. To take care of this, you need to do two things:
    • Create a CNAME record for your blog's address, which should be a subdomain of the form www.example.com.
      To create a CNAME record for your domain with the DNS, associating your domain with: ghs.google.com.

Comments

Advertisement