Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBG Hi Viz

• 08-07-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Just saw in the shop that there is a Hi Viz vest with this months BBG.

I have no idea if it has a zip or velcro fastener. Just wanted to let you know.

4 magazines I saw all had XXL vests.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Now if it was only free with a magazine that actually had some decent content like "Bike" and "PB".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I bought it once without flipping through it first, and I think there were about three actual reviews / articles hidden in the pages and pages of ads. I'd expect a lot more for the price.

Even GOVERNMENT CONTROLLED ZOMBIES ARE PLOTTING TO EAT YOUR MOTORCYCLE! HYSTERIA! PANIC! MCN is far better value, there's some good bike / gear reviews and articles. Though you're guaranteed a Triumph / Norton lovefest any time they're featured.

(I do respect the fact that MCN actually get off their arse and do stuff for bikers though, lobbying, protests like the one in Wales)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

It's an RSA zipped Hi-Vis that's free with BBG.

lord lucan wrote: »
    It's an RSA zipped Hi-Vis that's free with BBG.

Ohh, fancy :)

KTRIC wrote: »
    Ohh, fancy :)

At least it has a zip i suppose. Feckin' velcro is brutal in the rain,hi-vis ends up flapping around all over the place!

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    At least it has a zip i suppose. Feckin' velcro is brutal in the rain,hi-vis ends up flapping around all over the place!

I'll keep a look out for it on the way home. I wore my reflective strap last weekend as a test and I was really surprised the difference it made.

It did tend to move about a lot when I got more heavy on the throttle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

Is it the same as the one BBG gave out last year or the year before? Bright orange, it was....not a bad piece of kit, I still use it regularly!

gipi wrote: »
    Is it the same as the one BBG gave out last year or the year before? Bright orange, it was....not a bad piece of kit, I still use it regularly!

Yep,that's the one.

Advertisement