Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking C/C details through paypal

Options
  • 08-07-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I had a link somewhere that I was able to take customers C/C details and put them into paypal without them having an account and I cannot find the link now.

Can anyone help with this or know how I can do it. Basically, they give me C/C details over the phone and I entered them onto the paypal and then the money transferred into our account.

Rgds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zoudards

That sounds a little weird...

What you can do is send them a request for money form you paypal business account, they can follow the link and enter their CC details themselves (no need for them to have a Paypal account). Good thing with this is they get a receipt saying the payment has been successful and everything.

From what I understand, to enter payment on Paypal, it needs a bill to pay.

If you have a web cart/ button/ donate button built that connects to Paypal, I suppose you can build the cart with your customer over the phone and when moving it to Paypal fill up the CC details of your customer yourself.

I guess you can send money requests to any address, that could be filled with any CC details, but I would advise to check with the terms and conditions if you are allowed to do that...

Hope this helps

zoudards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You really shouldn't be taking CC details, it opens a can of worms. A better method is to get them to lodge into your PayPal account directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You shouldn't be taking the details yourself at all - it's highly insecure
    You need, as previously pointed out, to send the client to Paypal to complete the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

sage4me wrote: »
    Basically, they give me C/C details over the phone and I entered them onto the paypal and then the money transferred into our account.
    I think that you might need a physical credit card terminal to do this. I cannot imagine PayPal letting *you* enter credit card details to transfer money into *your* account.

You should call PayPal.

Advertisement