Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for XBox 360

• 08-07-2010 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭

I have moved into a new apartment in Dublin and I want to get broadband capable of gaming on xbox 360. I have mobile Vodafone broadband but I have been told its no good for gaming, plus my signal seems crap. There is a UPC connection in the apartment but it is not yet set up so no TV either
    I am thinking my best option might be just to get UPC set up and 15/30mb broadband ??
    Eircom is also an option, there is a connection but again I dont have an account set up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Mobile broadband is crap because of the high round trip time so your only real option for gaming is fixed line broadband. If it were me I would favor the UPC as you don't have to pay line rental with them, its not available everywhere (much to my annoyance) so ring them up and see if you can get it. It would also probably be the quickest to set up as all they have to do is enable the account and send the modem.

After that you have to go with DSL, so either Eircom or somebody else, either way you will have to pay line rental and it seems to take longer to set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I have the 15mb UPC deal. Its €32 and is great for gaming. I have the playstation and xbox set up to it and have had no problems. You dont need a phone line, so its just €32 a month, no extra fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Ok. So can I get UPC broadband without getting the TV also?
    I dont really want the TV tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You can, but you pay €7.75 pm extra if you don't get TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

You can, but you pay €7.75 pm extra if you don't get TV.

really? I am pretty sure you dont. There is a free phone number on their site, call them and ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I wouldn't have said so if it wasn't the case.

Proof

Advertisement