Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who actually should be Mayor?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Well its obvious that Fine Gael were always going to pick the next Fool from a selection of Fools and usher them into the Mayoral Chains to go forth and embarrass us all on the National Stage.

Seemingly their selection is based on a nonsensical list of Politically astute criteria - The sort of criteria that produces such Mayors as Kev Kiely and Maria Byrne.....

All that nonsense aside though who do you People think should be the actual Mayor of Limerick?

- Perhaps we will elect our own real Mayor and get chains made up in H Samuels for them or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maria Byrne isnt bad when you consider we have Kiely and Gilligan - probably Limericks worst two mayors ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Mc Love wrote: »
    Maria Byrne isnt bad when you consider we have Kiely and Gilligan - probably Limericks worst two mayors ever!

Maria Byrne hasn't had a chance to be bad - yet.......

- Shes only just got the Chains and is probably ducking Punches on Cruises St. while out shopping for the.... Other stuff......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I don't think Gilligan was that bad in fairness. Can't argue with you on Kiely though - he was a complete joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Itsdacraic

/Thread close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Itsdacraic

/Thread close.

Finally.
    I don't think I'll have time to be Mayor and the super-duper new head moderator on here though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Gilligan was a good mayor, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Think Raiser just wants us all to say him, so he can wear this chain he bought in H. Samuels. He'd have many pictures to back his statements up with at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭sioda

Im amazed people forget John Cronin so quick he makes the two lads above almost decent. At least they could address a crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Steve Collins should be Mayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rubberbandits should have dual control of the city, their public addresses would go down in history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

krudler wrote: »
    rubberbandits should have dual control of the city, their public addresses would go down in history.

As wearing thin faster than Kiely could come out with a stupid comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

krudler wrote: »

The Rubberbandits are interesting to me for their defiance of decades of Public Safety and Parental advice......

- Yes Kids, do put Plastic Bags over your heads?????

Anyway lets get some Candidates put forward and start a Poll?

I nominate Paul O'Connell - The post of Mayor needs some manic aggression!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Think Raiser just wants us all to say him, so he can wear this chain he bought in H. Samuels. He'd have many pictures to back his statements up with at least :D

Any "gold" he has came from an Argos store.;)

Chav.jpg

An artist's impression of Mayor Raiser. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Gilligan was a good mayor a proper man who stood up for those who backed him.As for Kiely he seemed to just make statements to grab the headlines...nothing more than an attention seeking man!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Raiser wrote: »
    The Rubberbandits are interesting to me for their defiance of decades of Public Safety and Parental advice......

- Yes Kids, do put Plastic Bags over your heads?????

Anyway lets get some Candidates put forward and start a Poll?

I nominate Paul O'Connell - The post of Mayor needs some manic aggression!!!!

Ha Paul O'Connell?

Advertisement