Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fresh doughnuts in the city centre?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

looking for some help here, does anyone remember the hot fresh doughnuts that you could get out of the window in the gingerbreadman in paul st / rory gallagher place? They would make them up fresh in front of you as you order. they dont make them there anymore, far as i know. and im just wondering if there is anywhere around that still makes them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Are they the small little ones, Me thinks they were the first Dunkin dougnuts werent they much nicer than todays one...They sell them in Mahon Point Shopping Centre now, in a little stall just by the main entrance...mm they are yum you can get chocolate sauce or icing sugar stuff on them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

looking for some help here, does anyone remember the hot fresh doughnuts that you could get out of the window in the gingerbreadman in paul st / rory gallagher place? They would make them up fresh in front of you as you order. they dont make them there anymore, far as i know. and im just wondering if there is anywhere around that still makes them?

They don't make them there anymore no, :( It's amicus now. Used love em!

You can get nice enough ones in that hotdogs and doughnuts place, Sam & Dan's. It's on South Main Street. They'll make em up fresh for you there and they're pretty good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭funkydunkey

Milly33 wrote: »
    Are they the small little ones, ...

thems the ones! they had a cool little machine with a conveyor belt, and they'd dip em in hot oil and come out piping hot!

thanks very much, ill try both those places!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Milly33 wrote: »
    Are they the small little ones, Me thinks they were the first Dunkin dougnuts werent they much nicer than todays one...They sell them in Mahon Point Shopping Centre now, in a little stall just by the main entrance...mm they are yum you can get chocolate sauce or icing sugar stuff on them

The same girl does it in the Douglas Court shopping center too (some days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

ooh i hate the smell of them in the shopping centres... i would vote to ban them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've seen them outside the coffee place in front of the library on Grand Parade. I'm not sure if it's there every day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

Now that the place on Paul Street is gone I'm reeking. Never tried Sam & Dans. Do they stack up?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mikester21

I second Sam and Dan's, unreal. I get the cinnamon sugar on top, mmmmmmmmm

Advertisement