Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get seats beside each other-separate memberships

Options
  • 08-07-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked before.

Myself and my dad bought bronze memberships for the first time and are hoping to buy tickets for the city match in august. When you apply for tickets, can you choose your seat? We want to sit together but we've never bought tickets before so not sure how it all works

Thanks,

Lydia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

lydiabehan wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked before.

Myself and my dad bought bronze memberships for the first time and are hoping to buy tickets for the city match in august. When you apply for tickets, can you choose your seat? We want to sit together but we've never bought tickets before so not sure how it all works

Thanks,

Lydia

When you book online once you select the area you want to sit in you'll see what seats are free and just click in adjoining ones. Usually its no a problem though for goons, manu etc seats go very quickly so its a question of grabbing what you can but as I said these games are the exception 90% of the time its no bother getting adjoining seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lydiabehan

Brilliant! Thanks for the quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Above answer was spot on. Assuming your on the ball on the morning the tickets go on sale, you should have no problem whatsoever in getting 2 together.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Select the area you want to sit in and the number of seats you require (in your case 2).

If they are available it will then ask you to assign the other seat to the other member. Basically it's a process of just inputting your Dad's membership number to that seat.

Like yiddo59 says, 90% of the time it's no bother and you should always be able to get adjoining seats.

One bit of advice I would give is that when the 'Priority Booking Period for Bronze Members' opens, get in there to book as early as you can. e.g. The Man City booking period opens at 9:30am on Monday 12th July. I'll be logging in the second it opens to ensure I don't miss out.

A lot of supporters have upgraded their memberships to the Bronze scheme this year, so I'm expecting very few tickets will be left for the Lilywhite Members on the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Correct me if i am wrong, but i think they only release 1000 tickets to bronze members on the Monday. So it does not matter how many bronze members there are, again could be wrong here but last season i could not get tickets on my bronze on the monday to the Arsenal game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Correct me if i am wrong, but i think they only release 1000 tickets to bronze members on the Monday. So it does not matter how many bronze members there are, again could be wrong here but last season i could not get tickets on my bronze on the monday to the Arsenal game.

That was certainly the way things operated last season, not sure if it will apply for all of this season but it should specify on the ticket sale info section of the official site.

What might happen given the reduced CL capacity should we advance is that members tickets will sell out very quickly, so a Bronze Membership might be of help then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That was certainly the way things operated last season, not sure if it will apply for all of this season but it should specify on the ticket sale info section of the official site.

What might happen given the reduced CL capacity should we advance is that members tickets will sell out very quickly, so a Bronze Membership might be of help then.
    I didn't realize we'd have a reduced capacity for CL games reduced by much?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I didn't realize we'd have a reduced capacity for CL games reduced by much?

A couple of thousand, it's because the CL regulations mean bigger advertising hoardings so the front few rows of seats are affected.

Also a bigger corporate allocation under the same regs.

I tried online and on the phone booking system but all of the tickets were sold out. Does this mean that all tickets are sold out or just the 1000 tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

its just the 1,000 tickets. They will release the rest of them at 9.30 tomorrow. If you can get onto the site at about 9.15 and wait for tickets to go on sale. You should have no probs in getting two together.

• Advertisement

Grand, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

Mullo76 wrote: »
    its just the 1,000 tickets. They will release the rest of them at 9.30 tomorrow. If you can get onto the site at about 9.15 and wait for tickets to go on sale. You should have no probs in getting two together.

I was trying to buy 2 on Monday morning with the bronze membership and I could not get two together

I got my two tickets yesterday. It was difficult enough to get them and we're sitting way up the back of the upper east stand. Ah well, at least I have the tickets now. Roll on August 14th!!! Thanks for all the advice on how to get the tickets guys!

daveman16 wrote: »
    I was trying to buy 2 on Monday morning with the bronze membership and I could not get two together

I have never had any prob on the Monday Dave and often book up to 6 tickets together. Trick is to be on before 9.30 and ready to go. Hope you got sorted on tues.

lydiabehan wrote: »
    I got my two tickets yesterday. It was difficult enough to get them and we're sitting way up the back of the upper east stand. Ah well, at least I have the tickets now. Roll on August 14th!!! Thanks for all the advice on how to get the tickets guys!

glad you got sorted. 3 points now please.:D

Advertisement