Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rental Allowance

• 08-07-2010 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I just qualified for Rental Allowance and was over the moon as my situation is desperate but then found out that I can only rent a place that goes for 528.00!

The WFO told me that I couldn't top it up myself if I found a place for a little more, and so now I am panicking as I have not seen anything at all in the area that I have to be in for medical reasons, going for that price at all.

Can anyone advise me about this type of thing, is there something that I am not aware of here with regard to Rent Allowance and how you use it?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

The S.W have a maximum rent that anyone can pay who is claiming rent allowence. Unfortuntely if you go into your CWO and say you have found a place for 530 they wont accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

what previous poster said is true CWO has a limit for your area and they wont accept higher
    why not go view some places near enough to the limit and try and negotiate price down at the end of the day everyone keeps saying its a renters market so why not chance your arm

Advertisement