Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Hooker bottled.

Options
  • 08-07-2010 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭

Is there any word on if/when Galway Hooker is going to be bottled?

Recently acquired a taste for this wonderful beer, and would love to be able to have a few at home. Preferably not in the 330ml size that the Porterhouse have decided to launch their range in.

Their website doesn't mention anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

There was talk of bottling it about a year ago, but I don't think it ever came to anything.

Try Helvick Gold from Dungarvan. It's a similar style of beer, also brewed by an Irish Micro, but is available in bottles. My 2 cents about their range of three beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Bloke in Redmonds off licence told me it was because they can't get access to enough bottles at a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Just had a bottle of O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale. Not totally unlike Galway Hooker, but just not the same.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Sergeant wrote: »
    Just had a bottle of O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale. Not totally unlike Galway Hooker, but just not the same.

Hoppier than skippy with a poker up his ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Try Doctor Okell's IPA -- made in the isle of man and available in some supermarkets in NI and some better off licences.

It's the closest I know of to GH, but obviously not the same.

Alternatively bring a swing-top bottle to your nearest Galway Hooker-stocking pub and ask them to fill it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement