Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on script Tattoo please?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I am thinking of getting some script on my inner wrist. I know what I want to get but what I need to know is should the script face toward me or away from me?
    Probably straight forward enough for seasoned tattooee's but this is my first piece of script and I want to make sure it's right.

Thanks in advance
    Kenpokicks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

my friend has breathe on his wrist and it faces him so he can read it but he got it for that very reason

it looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This should just come down to your personal preferance to be honest. If you want to be able to look down and read it, or if you want other people to be able to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

As Damo said, its personal preferance, although traditionally it should face away, so that others can read in, just as if you have a face tattooed it should face in towards the body. A lot of these traditions have their foundations in sailor folklore, as for many years they were the main wearers of tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I would opt for the script to be facing on to me, you're getting the tattoo for you not for others I presume.

As for the tattoo of faces facing in......I dont think thats right, or maybe I'm picking you up wrong, surely a tattoo of a face faces out towards the world as opposed to in towards the wearer.

Advertisement