Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frogs in my Toilet!!!

• 08-07-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi My house is on a town sewage system but i have found baby frogs in my toilet twice once on the ground floor and once on the first floor. I've a pond in the garden with frogs in it but I wouldn't think their coming in any other way than through the sewage pipes is this possible? if so how can i stop them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Move house! That just scared the s--t outta me and I don't have to use your toilet!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

are u french op?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Well, you've just made me realise that nightmares do come true!
    I've no idea what the frogs are at, but I am very disturbed at your post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Very odd. I'm guessing your toilets don't get a whole lot of use, otherwise they'd be flushed out (literally) on a regular basis.

It's theoretically possible, though I was under the impression that the sewage system wasn't constant water. That is, the sewage pipe out of your toilet isn't filled with water (except for the u-bend), so there should be no way for a young frog/tadpole to swim up the outlet pipe, particularly to the first floor.

It would be more likely IMO that they're coming in through the pressurised system into your cistern, but that should be a closed system. Unless you have a well or otherwise aren't connected to the mains?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Do you by any chance happen to have a dog or a cat or even a child that might be finding them outside and putting them in there without you noticing?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

a whole new meaning to 'Toad in the hole'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I suspect a joker here; a first post like that!

There was somewhere that rats came up when folk opened the lid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭JodTT

A few years back, my mother found a frog sitting in the toilet bowl of the en-suite toilet in the extension of our house.

So I totally believe this....

It took a good few years for the Bud....weise....uuuuur jokes to calm down!!! lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

My sister went to the loo one night in my parents' house, and when she stood up she turned around to find the tail of a rat in view in the water, with the rest of the body facing into the toilet pipe. TRUE. I can still hear her screeches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I went to the toilet one night in my grannys house and there was a frog in the toilet.

Scared the absolute bejesus out of me.

Her house is in the countryside though, not on the sewer system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 The Ledge

Hi, this is the first time I've posted anything here so it's all new to me. I have had the same problem 2 days ago. I've built a new house out the country. I'm living in it a year now. I saw this small frog sitting in the toilet on the side. I caught him & threw him out. I thought it was funny enough as my wife is freaking out about it but just wondering how he got in there. It was in the main bathroom upstairs. We have sunk our own well. Can't figure out how he got there. :confused:
    Any advice please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The Ledge, if you would like to start a new thread please feel free. This is a 3 year old thread so I am closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement