Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Save Game File - BF:BC2 - PC (CTD Fix)

Options
  • 08-07-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I decided to uninstall BC2 as it would crash to desktop every single time I tried to load a map, and no multiplayer servers would show up.

Looking through a vast amount of purported fixes online, I read that someone uninstalled McAffee and Dell Support Software(came free from Dell) and fixed the problem. I (reluctantly) did the same, and re-installed BC2.

The problem is fixed, but I now have no save game!

I could get one online, but I'd rather fix the problem myself.

Anyway I can get thes back without doing a system restore and restoring McAffe in the process.

(Actually, If anyone has a save game file from just after the Mountain Decent Level that they'd like to send me, that would be fantastic too!;))

Cheers Guys,
    Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Check the Recycle bin for anyhting that got deleted from "Documents and Settings" (or "Users" if you're using Windows 7), as that's where your saved game is most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I had the exact same problem, disabling Catalyst control center stopped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go and see if it helps. I downgraded from 10.6 to 10.5 somewhere along the way to fixing it too, but I seem to remember it not working after the downgrade either.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go and see if it helps. I downgraded from 10.6 to 10.5 somewhere along the way to fixing it too, but I seem to remember it not working after the downgrade either.
    By downgrading, you mean you uninstalled it, deleted it from Device Manager, and deleted the INF files that Windows keeps in it's directory to reinstall it, and then you rebooted, and installed it freshly? Or you just tried to install older files over newer files, and Windows kept the newer files?

Advertisement