Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thieves cut Reynolds 531 mountain bike frame with hacksaw outside Busarus.

• 08-07-2010 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Took this passing Busarus this morning, this must be the lowest form of bicycle theft. :mad:

sgpguw.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seems bizarre. The bike was worthless even before they cut half of the top tube off.

Maybe it was locked to a more desirable bike and this seemed like the easiest way of parting them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

driving by busarus and seeing some of the yokes that hang around down there im not surprised some one would waste their time doing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

There's more to this than meets the eye.

What was inside the tube?!?

I suspect Fabian Cancellara and/or the State of Israel to be involved in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

seamus wrote: »
    Seems bizarre. The bike was worthless even before they cut half of the top tube off.

Maybe it was locked to a more desirable bike and this seemed like the easiest way of parting them?
    If they would do it toi this they would do it to any bike, nothings safe, they didnt even bother to strip it bar the rear wheel. I wouldn't leave any bike in the city unless its locked in view of fixed CCTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Maybe it was abandoned and someone did it to remove it from whatever it was locked to. Don't really see why thieves would have bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Looks more like someone trying to have a laugh, trick on a mate maybe ? No reason a thief would cut a section off, they'd make one cut and lever it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

You could repair that with the shaft of a brush. The rear mech might need some attention though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Is this the thieving equivalent of cutting the Gordian Knot?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Same area where they drove a sledge hammer through my frame when they couldn't bust the lock.

I put nothing past the scum around there and the IFSC

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

i bet they felt stupid when they realised the rear wheel was missing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I walked by this bike last week actually. I doubt it was thieves as the brake cable was also cut clean through. Looks like someone just took an angle grinder to it and sliced straight through it. The bike was probably locked and abandoned in a stupid place and someone from CIE came out and "moved" it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

seamus wrote: »
    I walked by this bike last week actually. I doubt it was thieves as the brake cable was also cut clean through. Looks like someone just took an angle grinder to it and sliced straight through it. The bike was probably locked and abandoned in a stupid place and someone from CIE came out and "moved" it.

seems the most likely, they probably added their own lock for a while and when no-one came in looking for it to be released they cut it off it's own lock, would have thought if they had power tools they could have just cut any lock off though..

Advertisement