Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for Inferno 11

Options
  • 08-07-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

Right so we're looking at new venue for Inferno 11.

Space 54 ticks all the right boxes and we've had no major complaints so we're thinking we'll go for it.

With this venue we will need stuff and lots of it. So we need to know what you can do to help out with getting the place set-up.

Personnally I can provide :
    2 Xboxes
    2 monitors (no speakers)
    3 xbox vga cables
    Pads with PnP to act as wired pads

So it's finally come to it. It's not what Inferno can do for you, what can you do for Inferno?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll provide a PS3 and TV hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I reckon I can bring down on my own on the LUAS...

1 x Xbox
    1 x Game
    1 x Monitor (24") or 1 x Projector
    1 X VGA Cable
    1 x Speakers

If someone was with me I could probably bring down the whole lot. Not sure if the projector is needed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's looking likely I'll be out of the country :(

I'm willing to loaner the doomcam though and if AJ's ok might be able to provide a (laggy) tv ps and ps stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'm just up the road. I can bring

1 xbox
    1 monitor(not widescreen though)
    1 projector
    1 game
    1 xbox vga

Having projectors will only be worth it if we can split the stream and use it for spectators.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

All I could provide is an Xbox + Game. I get a bus into town so I can only carry whatever I can fit into that blue bag.

Also, I think testing this venue out, as suggested in the other thread, is a good idea. Wouldn't want Inferno 11 to be our first time there and for something to go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I can bring a monitor + speakers and a copy of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

You can use my spacious apartment if I'm paid all the winnings!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Could bring an xbox, ps3 and games. Some crappy speakers if you need them for monitors. How many setups are you looking to have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

What I can provide and what I can carry are two different things, I don't have a car.

At the UCD thing two mates of mine were going. Both of whom have cars, that's how I was able to bring a set up last time.

Unfortunately I failed at getting them into street fighter :p

So with bringing in my stick, I can't fit much more in that bag apart from my camera and maybe some speakers.
    And a copy of the game for ps3 of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well I can bring an Xbox and game also might be able to get a loan of another Xbox.
    Can possibly get a large van because my friend is a courier so he could collect some of the bulkier stuff maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I can bring an Xbox and ps3 or both and copies of the game. I have a spare Xbox se stick aswell if needed. I'll be driving too so very easy to just pack in the car. Can't get my hands on a monitor. My own tv's too big and awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

1 x slightly dodgy xbox
    1 x game
    1 x me

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Ken B wrote: »
    You can use my spacious apartment if Monkeyto is paid all the winnings!!!;)

I like Ken B's idea! :)

Anyways I can bring an Xbox game if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Tell me what day it's on and if suits....

I can provide 2 x xboxes
    2 x 37' HD Flatscreens

Lifts to & fro

7th of August.

Id like to bring everything and basically recreate my bedroom and play all my games on this setup :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

A-Trak wrote: »
    Tell me what day it's on and if suits....

I can provide 2 x xboxes
    2 x 37' HD Flatscreens

Lifts to & fro

Ohh yeah I dont recall you owning 2 37"s or xbox's for that matter. Bloody cheek.
    Honestly though no prob offering up my TV but I dont think my oul xbox can survive the ordeal.It's got a yellow hue and has cancer:Imagine being locked in a room every day while i blow smoke up your ventricles.It's the console equivalent of Georgy Best

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

7th of August.
    Just realised I'll be out of country this date. Load of ****e.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sisko wrote: »

Unfortunately I failed at getting them into street fighter :p

No Sisko, they failed themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

someone tell me what they want to see on the poster

date
    prize pot?

sizes: A3?
    what printing options do we have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll have to look up the pin-out, but I should be able to make a quickie VGA splitter cable (that works) for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Date : 7th August

No thoughts on the rest of it. Printing options are whatever we can afford unless somebody knows somebody.

Chopper found some 5ms response widescreen monitors for €100 so if needs be we can buy them.

Looking good for equipment but keep making offers. Also do the speakers people have offered accept RCA connectors? Can we get adapters?

Do we have spillters for getting the main stage console onto a projector?

Vega licking chun li's blood off his claw.

"Are you beautiful enough to attend Inferno 11?"

and in the corner a "toastie" balrog mentioning prize money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Orim wrote: »
    Looking good for equipment but keep making offers. Also do the speakers people have offered accept RCA connectors? Can we get adapters?

Do we have spillters for getting the main stage console onto a projector?

I have an rca to headphone jack connector so i use that to connect the vga cable to my speakers. I also have a way of connecting the digital optical audio connector from the vga cable through a device into a speaker set or whatever.

I have a splitter but its a cheap model and is unreliable. I've just ordered a better model and it should arrive before inferno. This should give us a good VGA connection + direct recording + projector!

@ Farz: i guess just mention the obvious. Entry fee, location and maybe even a little "how to get there by luas or by bus etc". I wouldn't mention any prize pot number as it all depends on turnout.

il do small google map snap shot, some one send me a link to the place
    also entry fee is 15 right?

also what about prize pot, does that depend on number of entrants?
    is it €2OO first prize?
    money is driving factor to get new blood

Just mention that it's €15 entry fee, €10 of which going towards prize money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Placebo wrote: »
    il do small google map snap shot, some one send me a link to the place
    also entry fee is 15 right?

also what about prize pot, does that depend on number of entrants?
    is it €2OO first prize?
    money is driving factor to get new blood

15 is right. However I have been thinking about offering discounts for new people/people that bring new people. Hasn't been fully considered though, so needs more discussion. Preferably not here, as I would like to try and keep this for things getting done, being brought to Inferno.

Prize pot is totally dependant on entrants. No two ways about it.
    You're right about the prize though. For this first one we can't afford to offer a guaranteed prize pot but maybe in the future minimum €200 prize pot could be used.

€€€s

it implies hundreds without actually saying it.

can we put €1O on the poster then?
    like first timers should be €1O,
    €15 seems steep for new commers, might put them off and we all know its €15 for us so there wont be much confusion?

thoughts?
    or should we even bother with the fee? on the poster

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    I have an rca to headphone jack connector so i use that to connect the vga cable to my speakers. I also have a way of connecting the digital optical audio connector from the vga cable through a device into a speaker set or whatever.

I have an adapter too. My speakers arent the best but its better than no sound.

Advertisement