Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for Inferno 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Rang them today so I have a little more information. (Will put up a proper thread later)

There is two parking spots outside the building which are free. First come first serrved but it will be just us using them. There is also all day parking available at the jameson distillery for €10 for the day.

That's about it. Extension cords should be covered by what they have available. Chairs are covered and I'm currently sorting out tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Orim wrote: »
    Rang them today so I have a little more information. (Will put up a proper thread later)

There is two parking spots outside the building which are free. First come first serrved but it will be just us using them. There is also all day parking available at the jameson distillery for €10 for the day.

That's about it. Extension cords should be covered by what they have available. Chairs are covered and I'm currently sorting out tables.

Nice one. Ill drive in so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If drivers are willing, we could maybe do a couple of runs to houses, and perhaps give them their petrol money or something if we're having difficulty moving stuff?

I know thats a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll ask the bus driver, but i'm not promising anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    can we put €1O on the poster then?
    like first timers should be €1O,
    €15 seems steep for new commers, might put them off and we all know its €15 for us so there wont be much confusion?

Where do you draw the line though? 10 euro for people we've never seen before? Also, regulars might not read this thread and wont be in the know. Similar thing happened to the first EVO qualifier attempt where it was advertised as free but some unsuspecting people were asked to cover the costs (5 euro each as usual).

But i agree, 15 euro seems a bit steep to put on a poster. Maybe give a discount for someone who brings equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

animaX wrote: »
    Where do you draw the line though? 10 euro for people we've never seen before? Also, regulars might not read this thread and wont be in the know. Similar thing happened to the first EVO qualifier attempt where it was advertised as free but some unsuspecting people were asked to cover the costs (5 euro each as usual).

But i agree, 15 euro seems a bit steep to put on a poster. Maybe give a discount for someone who brings equipment?

poster wise, maybe leave fee out.
    they can come and watch if they feel its steep
    im sure hype will make them stay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Price has to be put on the poster if we're making one.

no one off the street is paying 15 euro to play and lose at street fighter.
    the people the game appeals to have holes in their pockets.

also
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_13460.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

If drivers are willing, we could maybe do a couple of runs to houses, and perhaps give them their petrol money or something if we're having difficulty moving stuff?

I know thats a big ask.

I could do it if needs be. I'll be in a friends in Naas the night before anyway so I could make it in there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I agree. 10 seems alot more managable for any new or prospective players who want to get a look at whats on offer.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    I agree. 10 seems alot more managable for any new or prospective players who want to get a look at whats on offer.

It's €5 if they want to come along, play and get a look at a things but not participate in the tournament.

Hopefully not overstepping my bounds but if you want to argue about the price again, can we please create a new thread for that. I would like to keep this as much as possible related to equipment and getting it to Space 54.

To be honest with the new venue I think we'll have to scrap the €5 for just casuals thing. You're either there to play in the tournament or you're not.

I've already said at least a dozen times that I can't understand anyone complaining about €15 entry fee. Put aside 50c every day and you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

It's €5 if they want to come along, play and get a look at a things but not participate in the tournament.

Hopefully not overstepping my bounds but if you want to argue about the price again, can we please create a new thread for that. I would like to keep this as much as possible related to equipment and getting it to Space 54.

I'd agree with this, if they want a few friendlies €5 seems fair. But tourney entry is a different beast.
    To be honest with the new venue I think we'll have to scrap the €5 for just casuals thing. You're either there to play in the tournament or you're not.

I've already said at least a dozen times that I can't understand anyone complaining about €15 entry fee. Put aside 50c every day and you have it.

An extra few fivers in the pot shouldnt be sniffed at, but on the other hand if there is limited resources then yeah you could be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Make it €10 in my opinion.

Or pay more than top 3.
    I say this due to the increased number of players traveling to dublin for this.

Also space 54 is a bit handier for most folks traveling up location wise so good call on getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Is the extra 5 not to pay to rent the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Actually I think you're right.

This place is more expensive than xgc isn't it.

It's €150 for the eight hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Argue" and "Discuss" are two different things. :p

Secondly , I have no issue paying 15 quid. But other people might. It might stop people attending because they know they will lose and may not see the point in coming. If we can avoid this, we should. Which is why it gets discussed. 50 people x 10 is better than 30 people x 15 for money making.

But leaving money aside, we may get more money at 15 quid....but we might get more members for the community at 10. etc.

I didn't bring up price in this thread. Somebody else did. I was merely contributing an opinion to a topic somebody else brought up. People were discussing the poster and the price came up. Neither poster or price have anything to do with equipment, but thats generally what happens in these type of threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Is there the option to sit on the ground while playing at this space 54 place?

How high are the monitors/tables?

A-Trak wrote: »
    Is there the option to sit on the ground while playing at this space 54 place?

How high are the monitors/tables?

At the moment, I'm not sure. I'm waiting for the hire purchase guide so I can see what we can get. The tables I saw there would probably be low enough to play on the ground if the monitor was pulled forward.

I'll certainly take it into account when getting the tables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I was wandering around on the internet last night and came across this. Was surprised to see a direct street fighter endorsement (though no capcom logo in sight!) even though the text still talks about fragging your opponent :rolleyes:

I wonder were they the ones used at EVO?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I was wandering around on the internet last night and came across this. Was surprised to see a direct street fighter endorsement (though no capcom logo in sight!) even though the text still talks about fragging your opponent :rolleyes:

I wonder were they the ones used at EVO?

Yeah Azza said they were the ones used for Evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Just found my old Xbox 360 VGA cable if we need it. I never use it so it could be just left with the gear for each tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

the text still talks about fragging your opponent :rolleyes:

Pffft, I don't know anyone who's ever used the word frag outside the context of fragmentation grenades, or quoting the Quake 3 announcer (which is great fun).

"TWO FRAGS LEFT"

"YOU HAVE TAKEN THE LEAD"

"TIED THE LEADER"

"YOU HAVE LOST THE LEAD"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Never the less many people voiced their opinions at the last inferno that it was too expensive.

I think it's healthy to have a look at the price every now and then. There doesn't need to be a massive debate , last time in the end we had a poll and 15 euro won. If the majority has changed its mind so be it, but this is not the time to bring this up I think.

Imo it should be looked at after inferno 11, for inferno 12.

The new venue is enough change for one event as it is.

**edit** ignore this post^

We can store stuff at the venue on the friday night and the Saturday.
    More permanent storage isn't possible as they use the different rooms during the month.

i don't know if this will help but there's the info.

thats a bit too brief for people to be leaving their valuables.

Whats the security measure ?
    Where is the equipment stored, inside the venue?
    Can people drop off at any point during office hours on dates mentioned ?

Either way it seems to be that this equipment [xbox's / tv's] are items people use regularly so more than likley most people will not store it.

Placebo wrote: »
    thats a bit too brief for people to be leaving their valuables.

Whats the security measure ?
    Where is the equipment stored, inside the venue?
    Can people drop off at any point during office hours on dates mentioned ?

Either way it seems to be that this equipment [xbox's / tv's] are items people use regularly so more than likley most people will not store it.

People asked, I'm letting them know.

It will be a locked room within the venue. The exact details will have to be worked out if anyone is interested in taking advantage of it.

As you said, it's unlikely people will want to store stuff they use everyday but it's nice to have the option, is it not?

Also I don't get the bolded part? Are you saying I'm not giving enough notice or that the time allowed to store is too short?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

People asked, I'm letting them know.

It will be a locked room within the venue. The exact details will have to be worked out if anyone is interested in taking advantage of it.

As you said, it's unlikely people will want to store stuff they use everyday but it's nice to have the option, is it not?

Also I don't get the bolded part? Are you saying I'm not giving enough notice or that the time allowed to store is too short?

I think he means not enough detail.

Is anyone able to do a print run of Farzes poster?

I'd like a good quality one just to keep as a souvenier besides everything else, tbh

• Advertisement

Ah fair enough, I was thinking brief as in time.

Sorry about that but I just got into work and had realised that I'd forgotten to put it and was just throwing it quick to see if anyone was interested.

I would also love a copy of the poster and I'd love to see it up and around the place.

Advertisement