Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for Inferno 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

animaX wrote: »
    Are we not jumping the gun a little bit with buying monitors? Playing devil's advocate for a second, say it doesn't quite work out well in alternate venues and we end up staying in xgc for inferno's. Then we've spent community money on monitors with no real use. Maybe we should wait till after Inferno 11 to decide, surely someone else can provide one on the day.

We're short two as it is and a purchased monitor could be used in XGC should we move back theres so it wouldn't be useless.

Also in theory it is better to start the purchasing IF we want to eventually build up a community stock of items. But as I said above, perhaps renting could be an option instead.

EDIT : Better in the sense of getting it started. Otherwise we could sit with the money for the next year and not do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not strictly true. It would be accumulating! :D

Unless I missed someone, we are short two monitors/tellies at the moment. I'll replace A-Traks xbox.

Does anyone else have anything they can bring down?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

I can bring a 18" pc screen laggless too, bad thing is i have to use the Xbox VGA/HD cable, and in all fairness its not the best quality, but ey least it works. needs speakeres also.

Thing is im not gonna bring that and a guitar amp through town, no way to carry it haha

I can bring a 18" pc screen laggless too, bad thing is i have to use the Xbox VGA/HD cable, and in all fairness its not the best quality, but ey least it works. needs speakeres also.

Thing is im not gonna bring that and a guitar amp through town, no way to carry it haha

Where are you living? I could come up and help you. I think we have enough VGA cables so we should be good for plugging it, especially if everyone could bring their cables (just in case, a cable isn't much to bring).

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    Where are you living? I could come up and help you. I think we have enough VGA cables so we should be good for plugging it, especially if everyone could bring their cables (just in case, a cable isn't much to bring).

Living Captains RD, Crumlin,

Theres numerous of buses coming to and from herenthat go to town, If you drive tis well more handy :pac:

Shoot I was hoping you were in town.

I won't be able to leave for that long. Bring the monitor then and we'll have to make do with less than stellar sound.

Id be more keen to bring the amp.. the moniter is just to awkward to fit in a bag haha

If the worst come to worst by the enf of the week ill bring both. (somehow)

At the moment we need the monitor so unless we get other offers then we will need you to bring the monitor. Sure we'll see what happens over the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I was going to offer my 22" monitor, but now I find out I probably can't even LEAVE the house until 1 or 2pm :mad:

• Advertisement

I wont be able to bring my amp.. As im staying in my moths house from today till sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I wont be able to bring my amp.. As im staying in my moths house from today till sunday..

No worries, other speakers should be loud enough, although we might be short a set now are we?

animaX wrote: »
    No worries, other speakers should be loud enough

Sure the hype would drown it out any way :P

BTW Foamy I assume that means you can't bring your monitor? Does your GF have one you could steal? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

mot
    moth

she must not be a wet thing

Placebo wrote: »
    mot
    moth

she must not be a wet thing

To much time on your hands mate ^.^

Orim wrote:
    BTW Foamy I assume that means you can't bring your monitor? Does your GF have one you could steal?

yea she does, ill try n swipe it on her for the day =]

coming from a street fighter enthusiast ?
    i rather pretend to work than work :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I will be bringing a 26" LCD television which will have my PS3 connected to it via HDMI.

I will also be bringing a small (15" I think?) TFT monitor with built in speakers which has a VGA connection on it.

I may have a small set of speakers that can be plugged into any monitor that doesn't have it's own sound.

Can everyone else please post a list of what equipment they're bringing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im bringing

PS3 (hdmi, scart)
    Speakers
    Games

2 monitors - VGA Connection, No speakers
    2 Xboxs with component cables
    3 Xbox VGA cables
    1 Xbox Super

Also have a telly which I may bring depending on how it's looking on both the PS side (No VGA for PS) and just plain needing displays.

Considering bringing my laptop to run 3S.

PS3
    2 sticks (possibly) -- 1x dualmod, 1x 360
    22" (lagless?) monitor -- HDMI/DVI/VGA

Probably will leave the laptop at home since I have to use public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm bringing me, who will be flown in especially about midnight just to play in your tournament.

also I will have the doomcam (no tripod though. hint hint daniel.)

*note to self: find tripod*

also I will have the doomcam (no tripod though. hint hint daniel.)

The more I think it about it, I'm fairly certain I brought it in the day I brought your stick. I'll have a good search around tonight though.

Orim wrote: »
    The more I think it about it, I'm fairly certain I brought it in the day I brought your stick. I'll have a good search around tonight though.

You actually told me on the day you didn't?

Then maybe I didn't. I still haven't looked around for it so I may be mixing it up with another time. My memory isn't the best at the best of times.

i have a tripod for my camera,
    is it just general fit brian?

Placebo wrote: »
    i have a tripod for my camera,
    is it just general fit brian?

Yarp.

AJ is supposed to be bringing mine but he mightn't be able to come, so...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Monitor
    Speakers
    Xbox
    Game

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'm bringing as per orims setup post
    1 x Ps3
    1 x Xbox VGA cable
    1 x copy Super

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

1x 17/18" monitor(no speakers required)
    1x vga cable
    1x xbox
    1x super
    1x projector(just the projector, it will need a vga in from the splitter)

Advertisement