Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ headers

Options
  • 08-07-2010 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Visual C++ to build Autodock Vina. and I am having problems referencing .h files in another project. I've a feeling that it's something basic but I can't find a solution.

There are three source folders:
    lib, main and split.

I have set up the projects as described in the manual:
    create three projects: lib, main and split, with the source code from the appropriate subdirectories. lib must be a library, that the other projects depend on, and main and split must be console applications.

My projects are contained in one solution and are as follows:
    lib - static library (have also tried as dynamically linked library)
    split - console app. references lib
    main - console app. references lib

When I build the solution lib compiles successfully but then I get the following message on main and split:
    2>Compiling...
    3>Compiling...
    3>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
    2>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
    3>split.cpp
    2>main.cpp
    3>c:\users\kevin\desktop\autodock_vina_1_1_1\autodock_vina_split\src\split\split.cpp(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'file.h': No such file or directory
    3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\autodock_vina_1_1_1\autodock_vina_split\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    3>autodock_vina_split - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
    2>c:\users\kevin\desktop\autodock_vina_1_1_1\autodock_vina_main\src\main\main.cpp(11) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'parse_pdbqt.h': No such file or directory
    2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\autodock_vina_1_1_1\autodock_vina_main\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    2>autodock_vina_main - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Precompiled headers option is disabled and both projects reference lib.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

There is a setting under Properties->C/C++->General in your projects where you can specify additional include directories; ensure this points at the required header file directories.

Advertisement