Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Addition to the FAQ regarding requests for C&C.

• 08-07-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Could we add something to the FAQ sticky in the C&C section that requires requests for C&C to have descriptive titles and a bit of written information about the image(s) in question detailing what the photographer wanted to achieve and what they think of the images?

Recently, there have been a lot of requests with titles like "Image for C&C" accompanied only by a single photograph without any descriptive text. It seems like a lot of the suitors are just posting images that they don't know what they think of and want to be told by someone else what to think. If people actually had to put some thought into how they presented their images for comment and put any responses in context for what they wanted to achieve they'd probably get a far more useful response rather than getting annoyed when someone passes comment on something they don't care about or later dismissing they replies on the basis that they knew their images weren't very good to begin with.

I realise this won't necessarily stop people continuing in this manner when presenting images, but at least it'll be clear to others on the forum that they haven't bothered to read the guidelines and aren't serious about their question.

So, erm, yeah.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

I'd agree, also, although it's generally in the image, a bit of EXIF info in the post would be nice, just for an easier and quicker response. People can see exactly how they took the image very easily, coupled with the original suggestion of what they were trying to achieve, I definitely agree it would provide for much better C&C for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

hmmmm my take on this is slightly different. I prefer letting an a image speak for itself unless it is a documentary style photo that needs a bit of background. The most I usually provide is a title.
    For example if posting a landscape usually the C&C being sought is for composition,tone etc that doesnt necessarily need an explanation by the photographer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I prefer the idea of just posting an image.

If you give a paragraph of what you tried to achieve and how you went about it... I think it will effect how the view interprets or sees the image. The photo should speak for itself.

Ideally I think post just the image... allow some C&C... then return to explain what you were trying to convey and how you went about it.

Advertisement