Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aptitute test for Fire Services

Options
  • 08-07-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    if anyone is reading who might know what type of aptitute tests one should practice on for the fire services, i.e Verbal, Mechanical reasoning, Numerical, i'd appreciate your opinion. or is is better to cover a bit of everything?

also anyone know what <mod snip> are like for getting one up to scratch on these?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Turning up without your pyjamas on should be enough to see you through.:P

Seriously though, by the fact that you've taken the initiative to post here and ask questions, you might be turning the right gears already. Be proactive and show initiative, dare to venture where others havent and be the man who stands out from the crowd.

Use whatever advantage you can gain from asking questions of serving fire fighters, try and find someone who came from your own background, make their experiences relevant to you. invest in the best pre entry training you can afford or deem necessary. Most of all be positive and be honest to yourself and the panel when you blitz them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭jfh

wow wexfjord, stirring stuff, i'm super psyc'd now!
    ya i've ordered some aptitute books online, don't know any firefighters so asking questions is out. might check out that course though

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

what area are you looking to apply to?

just so you know in dublin you will have to become a paramedic and work shifts on the ambulance aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭jfh

Hi touge_drift, yeah was aware of that alright. I've applied for Limerick.
    any idea what the aptitute test is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

ah brilliant, was just offering advice just incase you didnt know!

have you ever sat an aptitude test before of any sort?
    there designed to see how well you work under pressure, you'll probally never get them 100% completed in the time given( dont qoute me on that though) it shows how many you can answer right under the pressure of time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement