Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level 8 add-on for mature student

Options
  • 08-07-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Sorry if there are already threads on this, it's just there are so many it's confusing!
    Mods please re-direct me if you feel so.

I have a level 7 degree, after completing it I was in employment for 4.5Yrs.
    I was made redundant last month and due to the lack of employment i'm looking to do a level 8 add-on in the same course as a stop gap which I will hopefully come out of with something.

I've been in circles between the IT, the VEC and the welfare depts, none of which are going out of thier way to give me information because they are passing me around between each other etc.

Basic circumstances:
    -I've moved back to my home place since I was left go (parents house)
    -They are both on social benefit
    -I signed on jobseeker's benefit once I was let go

Does anyone know roughly what would be my entightlements, and even better what depts to go through to apply for them?
    What about redundancy figure, P60s, P45s and all that?

Thank you.

Advertisement