Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Gately sculpture to be erected at train station

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

rovert wrote: »
    Way to formulate a leading question.

Was Phil Lynott of vital importance?

Ok rovert enough of the snide remarks towards posters and posts on here please, it was an honest question and most of them so far have been. Clearly you're unable to answer it because you returned it with a question. If you're trying to make your posts appear as smart, I assure you it's not how they come across.

I'll answer your question. In my opinion Phil Lynott would have probably been seen as more important than Stephen Gately. I don't know who outsold who, but I know that Phil Lynott probably inspired more Irish people to pick up a guitar or become interested in music and songwriting than Stephen Gately, and was just all round more inspirational. He took the wrong path in life and Stephen didnt, but more people seem to know exactly who he is for mainly the right reasons....

Back on topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

purpur1 wrote: »
    Ok rovert enough of the snide remarks towards posters and posts on here please, it was an honest question and most of them so far have been. Clearly you're unable to answer it because you returned it with a question. If you're trying to make your posts appear as smart, I assure you it's not how they come across.

How is it snide?

Why should I answer a question is so obviously framed against Gately or pretty much anyone figure really?
    purpur1 wrote: »
    I'll answer your question. In my opinion Phil Lynott would have probably been seen as more important than Stephen Gately. I don't know who outsold who, but I know that Phil Lynott probably inspired more Irish people to pick up a guitar or become interested in music and songwriting than Stephen Gately, and was just all round more inspirational. He took the wrong path in life and Stephen didnt, but more people seem to know exactly who he is for mainly the right reasons...

I largely agree in your comparative assessment of both although inspiration is a lot more difficult to quantify especially when you talk about the general population.

For the record Im a much, much, much bigger fan of Thin Lizzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's enough now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement