Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Keys

Options
  • 08-07-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

It seems as though I'm the only ones listening to these two guys over the last year or so. They have a rock/bluesy style. Has anyone else heard of them or listen to them? I know they're playing at Oxygen and I'd give my left bum cheek to see them, but because of fiscal challenges I can't :mad: Anyone know if they've any further plans to play Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have only listened to their most recent album brothers so cannot comment on their previous four or five albums.

I like Brothers but find it to be an album that I need to be in the mood for.

If you do like it though, check out American Spiritual by Dirty Sweet. Got it last week and am really digging it.

http://www.myspace.com/dirtysweetmusic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Seen them in the Button Factory a few years back and they were pretty good, although their sound gets a tad repetitive after a while with just drums and a guitar! Really like their first album though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

FINALLY someone else has heard about them, I've been trying to get people hooked on them for the last few years now and no joy.

I think they're absolutely deadly, there's not a lot of bands going these days that truly sound like proper "dirty blues." They're one of my favourite current bands at the moment.

For anyone who enjoys Hendrix and other similar sounds, please give them a listen, you won't be disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

liah wrote: »
    FINALLY someone else has heard about them, I've been trying to get people hooked on them for the last few years now and no joy.

I think they're absolutely deadly, there's not a lot of bands going these days that truly sound like proper "dirty blues." They're one of my favourite current bands at the moment.

For anyone who enjoys Hendrix and other similar sounds, please give them a listen, you won't be disappointed!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah I've gotten into them recently. Would be in similar aituation to the OP in I want to see them at Oxegen, but lack of money means I cant. If they played tomorrow, I would go along with many other bands I want to see.

Only have one album that I know, do like it. Will have to check out more stuff. Hopefully they play here later this year, think they've a UK tour up-coming, so might happen then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Irish date announced. Tickets on sale in the morning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

just checked em out on youtube...............nice sound. very minimalist sound bit hey its only drums and geeeetar!

will have to download and get a proper listen.

anyone ever check out THE DIRTY AMERICANS?

Worth a looksy

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

i've been singing let's do the rump in my head for about five years

yeah, they're in the tripod at some stage...new album was quite good..preferred blackroc(collaboration sorta album) myself though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

have love tickets will travel :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

I have just recently discovered these guys and I think they are brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 5dolla12

whatever about their music, I read an interview they did in NME and my god they come across incredibly immature. In fact that interview annoyedme so much I didn't even want to bother listening to them after

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

vader65 wrote: »
    I have just recently discovered these guys and I think they are brilliant!

Ah if you had discovered them six months ago you could have gone to see them in the O2 last August... One of the best gigs of the year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Am I missing something? Is this the same Black Keys that have multiple Grammy nominations and at least one song that everyone's granny has heard to death?

Take them or leave them, they're hardly a "has anyone heard of these guys??" kind of band!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Is this the same Black Keys that have multiple Grammy nominations and at least one song that everyone's granny has heard to death?

Take them or leave them, they're hardly a "has anyone heard of these guys??" kind of band!

Check the date of the original post

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Joe_Dull wrote: »

The folks that asked had anyone heard of them posted here back in 2010, when "Brothers" came out, which only had moderate success this side of the Atlantic. The poster who first posted today simply said that he had only just discovered them lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

My apologies folks, didn't realise this was a zombie thread!

Advertisement