Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Wet July?

Options
  • 08-07-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Are we going to get yet another wet July???

Its the very month that should be scorching but it looks like its gonna be a another damp squib.

So why is it that July always turns out to be a wash-out......global warming??

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unfortunately July is shaping up to be the 4th cool wet July washout in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the 4th?? more like the 10th:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is it shaping up to be as bad as the last three or just the usual Irish July like today kinda miserable but not awfully wet like last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i remember when i was a kid early 80s we had great julys & augusts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dont think it will be quite as bad as the past 3 summers but I dont see us getting much beyond 19/20C this month and most days will see rain somewhere in Ireland with the atlantic muck keeping the threat of rain never too far away, I dont see the weather experts uploading fantasy charts showing very warm/hot weather so it aint looking great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

fryup wrote: »

Its the very month that should be scorching but it looks like its gonna be a another damp squib.

I have no problem with a wet july, as we have had a lot of dry sunny weather. But I would like it to dry up again for the harvest in August. And hopfully the rain wont be too heavy or the barley will lodge . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

km79 wrote: »
    Is it shaping up to be as bad as the last three or just the usual Irish July like today kinda miserable but not awfully wet like last year?

OMG who gives a crud if it rains we aren't going to die and if i was to look at it, its above average rainfall for here!:mad:

met eireann's forecast for the next week is even worse now than what was there yesterday, sounds very similiar to last summer. Every day is gonna be wet and miserable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

fryup wrote: »

Global warming is a myth, we are entering a period of global cooling, all the carbon talk is just for more taxes and to create jobs.

July should be wet given we have below normal rainfall since December and some areas like inland Ireland have only had 60% of normal rainfall.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Certainly couldn't be considered a wet July in Dublin (so far anyway).

Up to the 8th, there has been 6.3mm at Casement and 7.5mm at Dublin Airport.

Last year (for the whole month) 111.0mm at Casement and 165.4mm at Dublin Airport. July average is 46.9mm and 55.8mm respectively.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

SAT IMAGE
    http://aviationweather.gov/data/obs/sat/intl/ir_ICAO-H_bw.jpg

this is what happens when you live at the edge of the atlantic ocean. rain front after rain front.

outlook if indeed grim all the way out to 148 hours.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    SAT IMAGE

this is what happens when you live at the edge of the atlantic ocean. rain front after rain front.

Thats so depressing...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    SAT IMAGE

Chalk it down. It had to happen at some stage. Its remarkable that the atlantic has been kept at bay for so long.I dont remember anything like it. Hopefully it will bring something exciting like thunderstorms;)

Timistry wrote: »
    Chalk it down. It had to happen at some stage. Its remarkable that the atlantic has been kept at bay for so long.I dont remember anything like it. Hopefully it will bring something exciting like thunderstorms;)

It looks like our weather comes in systems from america going by that map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

owenc wrote: »
    OMG who gives a crud if it rains we aren't going to die and if i was to look at it, its above average rainfall for here!:mad:

It would appear that you do - given your many posts bemoaning the issue on this forum?

I'm quite enjoying the rain at the moment, but disappointed to hear it may be here for the long term!

It would appear that you do - given your many posts bemoaning the issue on this forum?

I'm quite enjoying the rain at the moment, but disappointed to hear it may be here for the long term!

Well if i have another week of this i will have a heartatake its so depressing to look out at! When its sunny you look out and you have a fresh day and you go places but when its raining you look out and become all depressed and get all this rubbish thoughts into your head. If this rain lasts all month i need a LONG holidays away from here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Well if i have another week of this i will have a heartatake its so depressing to look out at! When its sunny you look out and you have a fresh day and you go places but when its raining you look out and become all depressed and get all this rubbish thoughts into your head. If this rain lasts all month i need a LONG holidays away from here!

Try and see the beauty of rain Owen! Every drop is a miracle and more precious than any diamond. Rubbish thoughts are just that, rubbish.

Try and see the beauty of rain Owen! Every drop is a miracle and more precious than any diamond. Rubbish thoughts are just that, rubbish.

I'm sorry but i've been trying to see the "beauty" of rain for weeks now and i've given up!:mad:

I'm sorry but i've been trying to see the "beauty" of rain for weeks now and i've given up!:mad:

Ah, it's just not in ya then! :p

Rain much lighter now but with a strong golden yellow hue. Almost like before a thunderstorm but they don't happen anymore. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ah, it's just not in ya then! :p

Rain much lighter now but with a strong golden yellow hue. Almost like before a thunderstorm but they don't happen anymore. :o

paddy1, i thought you'd be at Oxygen enjoying the rain;)

oh wait it's the Electric Picnic festival that you go to, is it not? :)

• Advertisement

paddy1, i thought you'd be at Oxygen enjoying the rain;)

oh wait it's the Electric Picnic festival that you go to, is it not? :)

Missed it last year but yep!

Edit: Heavens have just opened up here!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Summer should be April, May and June because all the bad whether is now happening in July. Maybe there is room for a 5th season lol.

But yeah, I couldn't really care if it rains, I enjoy being in doors

the rain here is unreal, our driveway is covered in water, i wont be surprised if the sideroads will be flooded by morning, its been raining for 26 hours now and loads more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Have that orange glow here now DE,very bright!!

I have that too its pure orange and lighting up the houses and all! Omg lol funny that you have it too. The sky is yellow here to the north and the sun is setting now its nuts, i've never seen anything like that!

Deadly Oscar! Gone from here now though, just a very dark ominous grey now. Rain has eased to almost nothing but everything still dripping after that last shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

yes it has eased off here too and there is an orange glow to the north west.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Its the same here , sky pure orange. Strange looking.

Pangea wrote: »
    Its the same here , sky pure orange. Strange looking.

Has it set at your area yet? just wondering. Anyway that glow is disapearing now... one question how the heck are yous getting it when yous were ment to have had sunset like 20 minutes ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Has it set at your area yet? just wondering. Anyway that glow is disapearing now... one question how the heck are yous getting it when yous were ment to have had sunset like 20 minutes ago?

The sun has set behind the mountains ,but the orange glow is still very prominent, and a huge rainbow on the other side of the sky, very nice to look at.
    Im a lot further west than you, thats probably why i still have the glow.

Advertisement