Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Wet July?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CJWRC94

owenc wrote: »
    I hope this isn't for lasting into the winter or i won't get my arctic winter again.:(

Well now what do you mean by arctic winter again? Coleraine didn't have an arctic winter this year anyways!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

To_be_confirmed

you should be okay by late monday, the next two days should be dry on the east/north east coast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Hes on the east coast and hes like 100 and something miles from the north east coast! lol. We did have an arctic winter here we got -14c and if thats not arctic for here then what is!

Hes on the east coast and hes like 100 and something miles from the north east coast! lol. We did have an arctic winter here we got -14c and if thats not arctic for here then what is!

Well if it's point scoring your in for , a number of local weather stations around here recorded -15 , -16 so :P.

Right back on topic! To me it seems a very different set up than last july , this year is all fronts and SW winds , when last july it was alot of convective showers and mostly northerly-north westerlys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

mike65 wrote: »
    To_be_confirmed

you should be okay by late monday, the next two days should be dry on the east/north east coast.
    Thanks Mike.

The NAE and GFS models, which I place the most faith in 24-72 hour forecasts, are confirming your thoughts. Having a dry Monday would be very helpful to me, though I'd be content for a dry day in Croke Park tomorrow;)

• Advertisement

CJWRC94 wrote: »
    Well if it's point scoring your in for , a number of local weather stations around here recorded -15 , -16 so :P.

Right back on topic! To me it seems a very different set up than last july , this year is all fronts and SW winds , when last july it was alot of convective showers and mostly northerly-north westerlys.

Aye thats frost hollows, frost hollows recorded far lower than that here.

You have absaloutely no evidence to conclude that whatsoever.

Anyway this is a JULY thread! Lets all get back on topic!

CJWRC94 wrote: »
    You have absaloutely no evidence to conclude that whatsoever.

Anyway this is a JULY thread! Lets all get back on topic!

Either do you, the lightening strikes have left.:eek::( and the rain is here already and theres not much of it coming, i thought it wasn't ment to be coming until 9! Now i'll miss my thunder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Min wrote: »
    Ah who cares who has the longest days or night or shortest days or nights.

The important thing is Kilkenny is the hottest place in Ireland during the summer, current record holders at 33.3C.
    Last winter it was officially the coldest place -16.6C

Now what do win?

Heatstroke and frostbite?

Kilkenny is definately the best!!!

The lowest recorded last winter was -16 of all stations that are confirmed to be correct. There was -16 in Tullow(Villain) and in Kilkenny, in Mt.Juliet. nowhere else.

On the July weather: So far today in Kilkenny (http://www.kilkennyweather.com/ ) the min temp is 17.0C and the max is 18.5C!!!:eek:

Kilkenny is definately the best!!!

The lowest recorded last winter was -16 of all stations that are confirmed to be correct. There was -16 in Tullow(Villain) and in Kilkenny, in Mt.Juliet. nowhere else.

On the July weather: So far today in Kilkenny (http://www.kilkennyweather.com/ ) the min temp is 17.0C and the max is 18.5C!!!:eek:
    Yes but they don't take in stations in northern ireland.

• Advertisement

Yes but they don't take in stations in northern ireland.

It was still the coldest on the island.

Does anyone know what the smallest temperature variation recorded over 24hrs in ireland is??

It was still the coldest on the island.

Does anyone know what the smallest temperature variation recorded over 24hrs in ireland is??

There are no weather stations here anyway, and i can guarantee that was beat here because of the amount of snow etc etc and daylight hours! Plus there is no weather station in everysingle spot of this island so somewhere has had to have beaten that, you were proven wrong!:P

There are no weather stations here anyway, and i can guarantee that was beat here because of the amount of snow etc etc and daylight hours! Plus there is no weather station in everysingle spot of this island so somewhere has had to have beaten that, you were proven wrong!:P

Bullsh!t.
    Amount of snow doesn't show anything. There was several feet of snow i the midlands at the end of march, but it was only -3 or -4. Doesn't mean it was colder. Obviuosly it was beaten, higher altitudes could have beaten that temperature. Lugnaquilla is over 750m, loads of snow, no weather station. The site in Kilkenny that got below -16 is in a valley, less than 50m asl.

Long story short, you have no proof that coleraine is always wetter, drier, sunnier, duller, hotter, colder, windier, calmer, has more/less hurricanes/tornados/lightning strikes/thunder than anywhere else. It doesn't have to have thicker ice than everywhere else, doesn't have to have longer and shorter daylight hours , more/less twilight and all the other claims ( a minority of which might be true) than every other place on this island.

Bullsh!t.
    Amount of snow doesn't show anything. There was several feet of snow i the midlands at the end of march, but it was only -3 or -4. Doesn't mean it was colder. Obviuosly it was beaten, higher altitudes could have beaten that temperature. Lugnaquilla is over 750m, loads of snow, no weather station. The site in Kilkenny that got below -16 is in a valley, less than 50m asl.

Long story short, you have no proof that coleraine is always wetter, drier, sunnier, duller, hotter, colder, windier, calmer, has more/less hurricanes/tornados/lightning strikes/thunder than anywhere else. It doesn't have to have thicker ice than everywhere else, doesn't have to have longer and shorter daylight hours , more/less twilight and all the other claims ( a minority of which might be true) than every other place on this island.

Whatever i'm sticking to my claims until there is a weather station here to prove me wrong which it will probably not.

Whatever i'm sticking to my claims until there is a weather station here to prove me wrong which it will probably not.

So if i have no weather station i can claim its 35 degrees in my back garden at the moment because theres nothing to prove me wrong???

Sorry to break this to you owen, but it doesn't work that way . . .

So if i have no weather station i can claim its 35 degrees in my back garden at the moment because theres nothing to prove me wrong???

Sorry to break this to you owen, but it doesn't work that way . . .

OMG never mind!

OMG never mind!

Ironic the way whenever you're proven wrong you just answer ''whatever'' or ''never mind''!!!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

OMG!! :) I don't think it has stopped raining in Lucan since Thursday morning. :( I hope the forecast on the news was right about the brief respite for a couple of days until Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Wait, is the weather a competition now!? :pac:

lol, it sure is and Owen doesn't know what he is missing by not living in Kilkenny....

lol, it sure is and Owen doesn't know what he is missing by not living in Kilkenny....

Nothing why would i wannie live away down there!:P

• Advertisement

Nothing why would i wannie live away down there!:P

Cos its the best place in the country!!! Anyway, you're outnumbered by kilkenny people!!!

Cos its the best place in the country!!! Anyway, you're outnumbered by kilkenny people!!!

No your outnumbered by coleraine people and they call that place a city!:eek: Thats far too small for a city, i'm having doubts derry is big enough to be a city, its pure tooty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

No your outnumbered by coleraine people and they call that place a city!:eek: Thats far too small for a city, i'm having doubts derry is big enough to be a city, its pure tooty.

King James made it a city, it was a city before even Belfast was made a city. Former capital of Ireland too......but we are happy enough with it being the hurling capital and the weather capital.
    What are Coleraine's claims to weather fame?

You'd love it down here, Owen.

When i said you're outnumbered, i mean there are more ilkenny people on the weather forum than coleraine people!!!

King James made it a city, it was a city before even Belfast was made a city. Former capital of Ireland too......but we are happy enough with it being the hurling capital and the weather capital.

And we have the cats laughs . .. comedy capital of Ireland!!!

And unfortunately the hen and stag capital . . . .:mad:

I don't see the problem with admitting.

I'm from Wexford but deep down I wish we could join onto Killkenny , lol. Don't be fooled all Wexford people feel the same way really!

But Coleraine..... UGH:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Weather Warning

Issued at 12 July 2010 - 13:08
    Weather advisory
    Heavy rain is forecast countrywide from Tuesday to Thursday.
    General accumulations of between 20 and 40mm can be expected but there is a possibility of greater than 60mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Weather Warning

Weather advisory
    General accumulations of between 20 and 40mm can be expected but there is a possibility of greater than 60mm.

Meh, a little bit of rain and they get all worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Tuam was the first capital of Ireland! and still should be ;)

Kilkenny is a lovely spot though, I would love to move down there and probably will some day.

Tuam was the first capital of Ireland! and still should be ;)

Kilkenny is a lovely spot though, I would love to move down there and probably will some day.

Here how do you pronounce that ? Is it tooham? Anyway derry was made a city before that wee town!

• Advertisement

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Weather Warning

Weather advisory

Yes it was bucketing down in derry but here it is dry as hell!

Advertisement