Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Wet July?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    Here how do you pronounce that ? Is it tooham? Anyway derry was made a city before that wee town!

'Chooom' is how ya pronouce it. It's a gaelige bastardisation of a Latin word for Tomb! Not the most loved of towns, even within its own county, but that's only because of our superiority. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

CJWRC94 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with admitting.

I'm from Wexford but deep down I wish we could join onto Killkenny , lol. Don't be fooled all Wexford people feel the same way really!

Rubbish!
    Besides I vote that Wexford becomes an Island and floats down to the mediterranean, thank you very much!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

'Chooom' is how ya pronouce it. It's a gaelige bastardisation of a Latin word for Tomb! Not the most loved of towns, even within its own county, but that's only because of our superiority. :p

How does a person without a galway accent (or whatever county you live in) pronounce it as i'd look stupid saying choom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CJWRC94

doccy wrote: »
    Rubbish!
    Besides I vote that Wexford becomes an Island and floats down to the mediterranean, thank you very much!

Wicklow people:rolleyes:
    :P

Have no idea why people come to wexford on holiday. Who goes , "Kerry?..no , Donegal?... no , Courtown? wepee!" cant see the attraction myself!

I'd look stupid saying choom.

Fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I don't see the problem with admitting.

I'm from Wexford but deep down I wish we could join onto Killkenny , lol. Don't be fooled all Wexford people feel the same way really!

But Coleraine..... UGH:D

lol

It's true what you say, Waterford wanted some of Kilkenny and Wexford want some of Kilkenny too, the part across the the river from New Ross.

The council should listen to you :D

Tuam was the first capital of Ireland! and still should be ;)

Kilkenny is a lovely spot though, I would love to move down there and probably will some day.

Yeah but aren't we lucky not to have our localities brought down by being flooded with politicians.

You would be more than welcome.

So no one moving to Coleraine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Have no idea why people come to wexford on holiday. Who goes , "Kerry?..no , Donegal?... no , Courtown? wepee!" cant see the attraction myself!

haha, actually I'm originally from Gorey. None of that enniscorthy malarkey. If I was from Enniscorthy, kilkenny would indeed seem like Time square :D
    Now, Courtown... it's like the Monaco of the South East ;)

Min wrote: »
    Yeah but aren't we lucky not to have our localities brought down by being flooded with politicians.

I'd say Coleraine is a lovely spot but climate wise I'd find it tepid and boring. ;)

I'd say Coleraine is a lovely spot but climate wise I'd find it tepid and boring. ;)

I was reading it has the most expensive houses in NI and yeah, we know from Owen the weather is frustrating.

• Advertisement

I don't care i'm moving off to england anyway.

I was reading it has the most expensive houses in NI and yeah, we know from Owen the weather is frustrating.

Yes we do have the most expensive house prices.:P A wee small tooty council estate house was £250,000 at one time. Look up coleraine mountain that gets different weather!

lol

It's true what you say, Waterford wanted some of Kilkenny and Wexford want some of Kilkenny too, the part across the the river from New Ross.

The council should listen to you :D

Heres the deal,

We'll call it Wexkenny right , you can use our beaches in summer , and play in the snow up the Blackstairs Mountains in winter if we can just bask in the glory of your hurling team. And if it's not to much to ask can you set up some sort of fan system to blow some thunderstorms this way , it is so frustrating to look northwest and see some CB's just drifting by.:(

But shhh... Carlow might feel left out!
    :D

Oh owen , if you can think of anything coleraine has to offer please say , but i doubt there is.

doccy wrote: »
    haha, actually I'm originally from Gorey. None of that enniscorthy malarkey. If I was from Enniscorthy, kilkenny would indeed seem like Time square :D
    Now, Courtown... it's like the Monaco of the South East ;)

Yea I was in Gorey once and I saw a JCB and a JohnDeer within seconds of eachother , what a day!

The bright lights of the city would get to me up there!

Seriously though , even though im closer to enischorthy i never go there always go the wexford myself , schorthy is a dump! there i said it!

I don't care i'm moving off to england anyway.

:eek::eek::eek: whats that?? you're moving ?? You must promise to continue posting here. What would we do without your daily rants/posts?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

'Chooom' is how ya pronouce it. It's a gaelige bastardisation of a Latin word for Tomb! Not the most loved of towns, even within its own county, but that's only because of our stupidity. :p

FYP!!!

Courtown is the Blackpool of ireland . .. without the lights. (i.e., a dump!!!)

Heres the deal,

We'll call it Wexkenny right , you can use our beaches in summer , and play in the snow up the Blackstairs Mountains in winter if we can just bask in the glory of your hurling team. And if it's not to much to ask can you set up some sort of fan system to blow some thunderstorms this way , it is so frustrating to look northwest and see some CB's just drifting by.:(

But shhh... Carlow might feel left out!
    :D

Oh owen , if you can think of anything coleraine has to offer please say , but i doubt there is.

The thunderstorms alwys seem to be north west of us too! You'd better set up those fans in tipp . .. Aren't the blackstairs in Carlow?

FYP!!!

Courtown is the Blackpool of ireland . .. without the lights. (i.e., a dump!!!)

The thunderstorms alwys seem to be north west of us too! You'd better set up those fans in tipp . .. Aren't the blackstairs in Carlow?

NO! who told you that , if you look at a map most of them are in Wexford:P! Carlow do have a carpark on the west side of mount leinster but , the main peaks actually from the border. If the too councils join up , we can evict carlow people from the area totally!:D I'm fed up of sharin with them!

Slightly southwesterly winds are the most annoying during days with storms they all seem to come towards us , and then swing northwest for all the cats to hog , lol

NO! who told you that , if you look at a map most of them are in Wexford:P! Carlow do have a carpark on the west side of mount leinster but , the main peaks actually from the border. If the too councils join up , we can evict carlow people from the area totally!:D I'm fed up of sharin with them!

Slightly southwesterly winds are the most annoying during days with storms they all seem to come towards us , and then swing northwest for all the cats to hog , lol

What about blackstairs mountain ( the actual peak, not the range) is that in carlow?

What about blackstairs mountain ( the actual peak, not the range) is that in carlow?

No , that also forms the boarder. It is only the second highest peak at 740m , Mt Leinster is the main peak at 800m which also forms the border. The third highest peak , Mt Leinster east top at 699m an Blackrock at 600m are both in Wexford , am I doing a good job at selling Wexford to Kilkenny?:D

The mountains can aid development of storms in the area , and can sometimes sit ontop of them , it has happened once or twice , and at night it is a good show , I have a nice view of it when it those happen.

No , that also forms the boarder. It is only the second highest peak at 740m , Mt Leinster is the main peak at 800m which also forms the border. The third highest peak , Mt Leinster east top at 699m an Blackrock at 600m are both in Wexford , am I doing a good job at selling Wexford to Kilkenny?:D

The mountains can aid development of storms in the area , and can sometimes sit ontop of them , it has happened once or twice , and at night it is a good show , I have a nice view of it when it those happen.

Thats interesting because it confirms that i can see 5 counties from my house on a clear day, and i'm at less than 50m asl!!! you can see tipperary ( slieve na mon) kilkenny ( obviuosly) the wicklow mts, wexford and carlow ( the blackstairs). All from a low enough point!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jaysus lads,
    Theres a SERIOUSLY heavy shower here in Mervue/Galway City at the moment. Really big drops of rain and bucketing down. As loud as any hailstones shower I have ever heard. Also thunder/lightening.

Thats interesting because it confirms that i can see 5 counties from my house on a clear day, and i'm at less than 50m asl!!! you can see tipperary ( slieve na mon) kilkenny ( obviuosly) the wicklow mts, wexford and carlow ( the blackstairs). All from a low enough point!!!

How do you find out were you can see? What website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

smd_wd.gif

No wodner clare is experiencing a drought with this figures. basically everywhere east of Ennis is experiencing significant soil moisture deficits of 22mm+.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Damn dry final third of July looks a dream for NW now:mad:

Now 92mm of rain in my back yard so far in July

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    smd_wd.gif

No wodner clare is experiencing a drought with this figures. basically everywhere east of Ennis is experiencing significant soil moisture deficits of 22mm+.

Ugh isn't that just typical we are experiencing the most amount of rainfall in this whole island.:rolleyes:

How do you find out were you can see? What website.

I stand at the top of the field outside my house and look around on a clear day . . ..!!!

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    smd_wd.gif

Considering the rain we've had, those figures are very high! I thought most of the country would be below 10mm by now . . .

I stand at the top of the field outside my house and look around on a clear day . . ..!!!

Oh right i thought there was this website because you were saying "they" told me.

Oh right i thought there was this website because you were saying "they" told me.

Where did i say that?:confused:

• Advertisement

Ugh isn't that just typical we are experiencing the most amount of rainfall in this whole island.:rolleyes:

I don't think so somehow...;)

Advertisement