Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Billion investment for Limerick??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

fairly secretive I wonder what it is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is probably a rehash of the idea of building a few thousands houses along with a big shopping centre on the side of the Condell road that faces the river. That story was ran last year and was quoted as being a project worth billions.

More pie in the sky methinks. The planners and city council cannot get the Opera centre off of the ground, so I will not be expecting them to be able to tempt in any investors on this scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

hmm, maybe they dont want anyone to know about it until it is final, where unlike the opera centre, the minute it is approved we can see whats going on instead of waiting for plans to be approved etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The post carries more possibilities than the coffin ships of old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Are we adding this 8th Wonder of the Construction World onto The Opera Centre and Parkway Valley theatre of dreams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

But! it will bring 10s of millions €s into town!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

But! it will bring 10s of millions €s into town!

My Friend went on Holidays in Limerick and all I got was this lousy Postcard.

cu_lots_of_cranes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

will there be a TGI Fridays?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Well who ever they are they are in lovely limerick today + tomorrow, hope its not weather related or it will be a washout :)

I like the way it's a multi BILLION investment and not million.

What would book out every hotel room for years? The only thing i can think of is disney land, which of course would be american investment and not middle east.

Maybe they discovered oil in limerick :)

I still need a job so who ever wants to bring jobs to limerick me + 22,000 other people welcome you :) need an umbrella?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The post carries more possibilities than the coffin ships of old.

lol i like that !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

Can't see how an investment in Limerick or anywhere else for that matter is a Middle Eastern option when they're finding it hard to keep Dubai afloat. Another political " The economy is in recovery" style statement

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Kess73 wrote: »
    It is probably a rehash of the idea of building a few thousands houses along with a big shopping centre on the side of the Condell road that faces the river. That story was ran last year and was quoted as being a project worth billions.

More pie in the sky methinks. The planners and city council cannot get the Opera centre off of the ground, so I will not be expecting them to be able to tempt in any investors on this scale.

Building on un-needed buildings with borrowed money on flood plains, seems some things never change.....

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Deepwater port to be developed like a new rotterdam I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I bet M&S will be rumoured to be the main tenant of this developement.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

niallers1 wrote: »
    Deepwater port to be developed like a new rotterdam I would guess.

Would be guessing that idea would be a no go within city boundaries now that the tunnel means the depth of the river over the tunnel cannot be made any deeper for larger ships, and the article did say the investment would be in the city and not county.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Raiser wrote: »
    Are we adding this 8th Wonder of the Construction World onto The Opera Centre and Parkway Valley theatre of dreams?

Go to Travellodge, see which way the wind is blowing at the country's biggest weather vain made up of five cranes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Nuclear weapons base? right beside the atlantic, could be "strategic" ;)

Advertisement