Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on shop please?

• 08-07-2010 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

So i've been thinking a lot for almost the last year of getting my first tattoo, I want to get just the devil on my calf in black
    manchester_united_red_devils_white_shirt.jpg

I am located in cork and an obvious choice would be to go to Tattoo Zoo as they are highly recommended and there standard of work is excellent. There is a tattoo shop near me, in the portfolio it looks like there is a lot of well done pieces but some don't seem up to scratch, I have 1 or 2 friends who got tattoos there and they both turned out alright.

Could I have your opinions on the portfolio please as you would have a better judgement on the standards of the tattoos please.

http://www.theridingwizard.com/portfolio.html

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Not to sound harsh, and I'm no expert whatsoever, but the stuff in that gallery looks horrific in my opinion. Alot of really, really poor stuff. And they haven't even spelt "galery" correctly...

I would stick with who has been highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I normally dont comment on bad work but cant help myself this time. I cant believe that guy put his stuff online for people to see. Even the "sparkle ups" weren't any improvement on the original. He also ruined an otherwise nice pair of boobies. Stay well clear tbh. Looks like a scratcher renting out a shop space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Nemanja91 wrote: »

I have 1 or 2 friends who got tattoos there and they both turned out alright.

Thanks very much!

Do you want your tattoo to turn out just alright? If someones tattoo is going to send you to a studio you want it to be amazing. I would allways follow the highly recommended studio rather than one close by.

IMO that work is terrible, there is one with rosary beads that look like they've been drawn by a toddler. Have a look at the tattoo zoo website and you should see the difference in quality yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Terrible work, avoid like the plague!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mig mag

Hi, you know, I was wondering why people were being so negative about this guys portfolio. I thought maybe everyone was having a bad day or something. Then I had a look at the site!!! :eek: OMFG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Holy ****, the second cobra under the animals section is sooooo bad. Just stay away man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimikelleher

Nemanja91 don't go local...!

The tattoo you are looking to get will be a solid black stenciled drawing so any reputable tattoo shop should be able to accommodate you. Tattoo Zoo are very good yes but if you are looking to get a good tattoo in Cork I recommend taking a trip out to Midleton and visit HolyCow Tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

holy cow is a great shop in cork well worth checking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Warm Panda Cola

I would definitely, definitely without a single shadow of a doubt go for somewhere that's highly recommended. if you've been thinking about it for a long time and it's something that means a lot to you (which it obviously does) then getting it done somewhere on the hope that it might 'turn out all right' just doesn't seem worth it! Remember it's something that you want to look at and be proud of, you don't want to regret trying some place on the off chance, and to be honest, some of that guys stuff is well below just 'all right'.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

http://irishtattoo.co.cc/ross_daly1.htm

ross dalys tattoos holy cow middleton defo worth checking out

i meant to put the link in my earlyier post my bad:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Oh I'd be mortified if my tiger turned out like the one in that portfolio! :eek:

There are reasons why artists develop a good name and a following... go out of your way to get the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Go to the tattoo zoo place,met a guy at sepultura the other night and he had a machine head tattoo he got there and it was unreal! i haven't seen a tattoo in person that looked so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AndyOM

I got a tattoo on my calf in Tattoo Zoo in 07 and am going back in the next month to add 2 it! I'd advise it anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

JMDs bodyart in Waterford. My brother gets all his tattoos done there and I'm getting my first one done there next month. Very clean and professional.
    http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/

Advertisement