Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

books books books and yet more books

Options
  • 08-07-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Im doing a clearout and have a load of books (old paperbacks) to get rid of.....general mixture of all sorts of novels, trhillers, scicence fiction.....I want to get rid of the whole lot in one go.....ideally for a charity.....any ideas? - please nobody ask me do I have such and such a book or can you browse the books, I just want to get rid of them all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Limerick Animal Welfare will take them off of your hands if they are in good condition.

I gave in a few boxes of dvds and CDs plus a load of shirts etc a few weeks ago to their shop on Parnell street. At least that way the stuff can be sold and the money goes to a great local cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Kess73 wrote: »
    Limerick Animal Welfare will take them off of your hands if they are in good condition.

I gave in a few boxes of dvds and CDs plus a load of shirts etc a few weeks ago to their shop on Parnell street. At least that way the stuff can be sold and the money goes to a great local cause.

Do they teach the dogs to read??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

You could consider dropping them into the granary as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Closing this was an error, thread re-opened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

any of the charity shops would take them.

anilmal welfare or irish cancer society

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Do they teach the dogs to read??

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way."

- Ooh!!! I can lick my own nuts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Raiser wrote: »
    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness; it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity; it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us; we were all going directly to Heaven, we were all going the other way."

- Ooh!!! I can lick my own nuts :p

A man of many talents Raiser :p Boasting again

Advertisement