Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Participants wanted for documentary about adoption

Options
  • 08-07-2010 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello there,

I'm looking for participants for a documentary for TV on adoption. The specific areas I’m covering are: an adopted person looking for their biological parent; a parent looking for the child they gave up for adoption; a couple or individual embarking on an inter-country adoption; and adoptive parents of Irish children who are now adults. We will be following these people to see their story and experience evolve, so I am particularly keen to talk to people in the middle of a process.

I also want participants who have a story, preferably positive, to tell about adoption. For instance, someone who has found their biological parent and they were living on the same street all along, without either of them being aware of it; 2 siblings who have been reunited and are the image of each other in every way, etc.

We will be looking at the difficult and contentious areas as well, so it is not a lightweight programme. However, I want to show how these difficulties affect the people involved, as that's what it's all about, at the end of the day. Anyone who has a story to tell and is willing to do so on TV should contact me at adopttv3@gmail.com. All contacts will be treated with confidentiality and sensitivity.

All the best,

Sharon Lawless
    Producer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement