Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry Suit Course

• 08-07-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hiya

Recently got back into diving after a few years been diving since '93 and snorkelling before that. Trained with CFT originally but did my PADI OW a few years back with a few mates just as a refresher.

Before I stopped a few years ago I bought a Gates VSN 1100 had it out for only one dive before I stopped.

Been diving this season with it a few times and I'm still getting used to it. No major panic yet - just a bit of floaty feet syndrome:D

Anyway was thinking about doing the PADI Dry Suit Diver course and was interested in peoples opinions on it. I've heard/read mixed reviews on it and it seems to depend on who you go to for it.

Any opinions - is it worthwhile? Any recomendations on who's good at teaching it?

Cheers

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

It would help your cause if you were to indicate where in Ireland you are located!

Seadeuce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

ah yeah. I'm in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭diveshark

try oceandivers in dunlaoire, either brian or willie, they run classes in the NAC which is 5m deep. presume they would finish in open water

keep your gates suit also! they are legend, have had mine for nearly 9 years now!
    few holes needed repair with aquasure other than that that its perfect and still going strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Ah yeah I know the OceanDivers lads. Was only out with them yesterday.

Anyone actually done the couurse?

Yep tis a great suit aswell.

• Advertisement

about 10 years or so ago.
    If you know someone who has done the course recenlty get them to go over it with you.
    Or get some time in a pool session with a drysuit diver friend.

Its typical PADI (Put Another Dollar In) not much too it.

Advertisement