Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Sorry to be dragging up an aging thread but I just picked this up recently and I have to say I am enjoying it so far. The combat is dumbed down somewhat but the storyline and choices are, so far, very engaging and interesting. As with the first game I have found myself a few times spending quite some time pondering what the ramifications of choices I am presented with will be.

Also the free Mass Effect 2 is nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

MarVeL wrote: »
    Also the free Mass Effect 2 is nice :)

Where did you buy it from? You got ME2 free with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Its an online thing from Bioware. Theres an ad for it on the launcher screen about celebrating their sequels iirc.

yep that was it

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age-II/Dragon-Age-II-News-and-Announcements/BioWare-invites-you-to-participate-in-our-Sequel-Celebration--6944930-1.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

DA Origins and Awakening runs fine on my PC, but for some reason DA II after being installed starts, gets to a page where it tells me to push any key, and when I do, it crashes and I get a Windows message that the programme failed and Windows is collecting data about the failure.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but the same thing happens. And yes, I am online for DA II, whereas Origins and Awakening do not require online when playing.

My PC specs: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit SP1, Intel Core2 Duo T6600 @2.20 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDA GeForce GT 230M (over 1GB dedicated memory).

Any solutions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gamer87

Guys, do you really need to have finished the first one to play the second one? Because from what I can see the amount of addons for the first one is substantial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You don't at all. There's a couple of references to the first game, from what I've seen, but you're not going to be totally in the dark.

That said, the first one is the better game, and you'd be missing out by not playing it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

humanji wrote: »
    That said, the first one is the better game, and you'd be missing out by not playing it through.

+1, and its a totally different game so there is no 'ugh' factor as you deal with all the mistakes they fixed in a later version.

Advertisement