Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community Welfare Officer & Supplementary Welfare

• 08-07-2010 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

So i filled out a supplementary welfare form today. Met the CWO, told me to call back at 3 to collect a cheque and got the grand sum of €23.36 :eek:

It was never explained to me if this was a once off or do i collect weekly or is there an increase

(my stamps expired so filled out forms for JSA rather than JSB,so am awaiting a decision, thus why i had to go to CWO)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

May Feign wrote: »
    So i filled out a supplementary welfare form today. Met the CWO, told me to call back at 3 to collect a cheque and got the grand sum of €23.36 :eek:

It was never explained to me if this was a once off or do i collect weekly or is there an increase

(my stamps expired so filled out forms for JSA rather than JSB,so am awaiting a decision, thus why i had to go to CWO)

each person is assessed individually so you need to go back to CWO and ask these questions they dont sit on a friday so you will have to go back on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

edellc wrote: »
    each person is assessed individually so you need to go back to CWO and ask these questions they dont sit on a friday so you will have to go back on monday

Am confused, my Dad was on supplementary welfare pending a decision on an application for disability and he got the same amount every week. Also, his app has been refused (apparently you have to be on your death bed to qualify) - what happens now? Will his supplementary welfare be cut off? he's in his sixties, has worked a hard, physical job for over fifty years and is crippled. How is he supposed to live? So worried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Am confused, my Dad was on supplementary welfare pending a decision on an application for disability and he got the same amount every week. Also, his app has been refused (apparently you have to be on your death bed to qualify) - what happens now? Will his supplementary welfare be cut off? he's in his sixties, has worked a hard, physical job for over fifty years and is crippled. How is he supposed to live? So worried!

supplementary welfare is the same as JSB and JSA regarding amounts if you have paid contributions then you should get JSB which is not means tested and the max of 196p/w should be given if however you didnt pay credits then its JSA which is means tested and varies in amounts
    Disability allowance is different again and if you have been keeping up with the news then you will see that the criteria has been changed (crap i know) but if your not happy then there is a appeals process that you can go through
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/disability-and-illness/disability_allowance
    check out citizens advice above the disability are taking the p*** with my mam aswell so i know your pain but its about being persistent
    best of luck with everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

edellc wrote: »
    supplementary welfare is the same as JSB and JSA regarding amounts if you have paid contributions then you should get JSB which is not means tested and the max of 196p/w should be given if however you didnt pay credits then its JSA which is means tested and varies in amounts
    Disability allowance is different again and if you have been keeping up with the news then you will see that the criteria has been changed (crap i know) but if your not happy then there is a appeals process that you can go through
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/disability-and-illness/disability_allowance
    check out citizens advice above the disability are taking the p*** with my mam aswell so i know your pain but its about being persistent
    best of luck with everything

thanks so much for that. Being self employed, he did not have the right class of contributions behind him so he was put on the one thats means tested. He got the full amount because the yeatr before he earned something ridiculous like 12000 or less. He passed the means for disability but not the medical. they think it was because the dr just put "moderate arthritis" on the forma nd nothing else! I visited him the other day and he couldnt even walk the pain was so bad. They are going to submit new evidence as its called, and get letters from his rheumatologist etc and hopefully the decision will be reconsiderd. We were advised to do that before appealing as it doesnt take as long.
    Will keep you posted. These are trying times

Advertisement