Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web form on lotus notes

Options
  • 08-07-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I work a non IT job at a very large UK company. I have some experience with HTML and php, and studied programming (java/VB/.NET) for a few years at the turn of the century. I've been asked at work to help to build a simple form where people can use our intranet (which appears to be lotus notes) to send a form by email (in a readable form) to one of our marketing team. I was initially looking at doing a simple html form but the string that goes into the postdata.att is fairly unreadable, although if there would be some way of parsing that to be entered into excel in a readable form, that would be great.

So what i'm looking for is direction or suggestions. Is this something that's doable or am i asking for headaches? Does lotus notes have something like asp does where it could make the text readable to be emailed on, better yet, could i put the form fields into the body of the email in a readable form? I don't know what the deal is with the database and i don't think i'll be given access to it without qualifications i don't have.

Advertisement